Hookup confusing-ness?

Made out with this guy, had sex a week later, didn't talk besides "hi" in passing.

I saw him Wednesday night and decided to go ask him to dance. He stopped after a bit of dancing and hugged me and said something about respecting me and something else that I couldn't understand. I thought he was rejecting me, and I was like "ummm... can't hear you... okay... umm..." and I ended up just going back to the group of girls I went out with.

I felt really weird so I texted him afterward "Hey, sorry for awkwardness, I really couldn't hear anything you were saying." He texted back the next morning, "no worries." I wasn't really satisfied with that as an answer, and after some persuasion from friends, I replied "wait, actually, what did you say?" He didn't reply til today (a day later), and he just said "I said I want to keep being friends."

I don't know if this is definitely a rejection of if I should reply for more clarification? I mean, considering we weren't really friends to begin with, does this mean, "I don't want to hook up with you again" or does it mean "I actually want to be friends."

Heeeeeeeelp?

Most Helpful Guy

• u should take it as a rejection and move on. if it wasn't a rejection then he'll come running back to u.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• That is definitely rejection, you had sex and he's saying, I don't want to be together. Can you answer mine? link

• Knowing guy speak, it means "I won't do public occasions with you, but I want to keep the social bond between us so we can hook up again when I get horny." Guys aren't friends with girls, in the real way. They might text, occasionally call or hang out with girls who might offer them some ass, though.