When you block someone's number, then they text your phone, will they know they've been blocked?

Basically, these annoying girls who need to grow up text me with bull sh*t, so I've blocked them. I have Verizon, and I just wanted to know if they'll know they've been blocked, or if they think I'm getting their messages and just not replying . That's all! Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• It won't tell them you blocked them at all. Different networks work different ways.

Some will

- allow them to send a message like normal but you won't receive it

- others will give them an error message when they go to send the text e.g. "Message Un-able to send" (they don't know you blocked them - many think its a network issue)

btw - good on you for blocking them and not sending stuff back :) they are being childish...they'll grow up...eventually lol :)

What Guys Said 3

• No the text will go through then drop off at a certain point in the texting process. There is essentially a box that will process it see the number is blocked then just ditch it. So they'll think you're not replying. ha ha I don't know what it says for calls though. I think it will just be like "This call cannot be completed."

• on my network, no.

• Where I live, you can't even block numbers =/

What Girls Said 2

• They won't know because they'll think you're not replying. I had to block this one creepy/stalker guy that kept texting me... and his friend kept asking why I didn't reply back. So there you go :)

• They will know by simply calling you directly. The ring tone will always be in a busy tone.

• I don't think they do. You just don't get their message