Is kissing really all that?

My boyfriend kissed me for the first time last night, and it was kind of disappointing.

I mean it was really sweet, but I've imagined my first kiss for 21 years, and I'm wondering if I built kissing up to be something better than it is, or if it was just a bad kiss.

Does kissing get better? Are first kisses always that disappointing?

I'm not saying the kiss was bad, it was just different than I imagined it. Maybe I was just too nervous to enjoy it.

Most Helpful Guy

• My first kiss was amazing. I can definitely recall bad kissing experiences along the ride, but kissing to me is always a highlight to me. If I am having poor kissing experiences with the girl I am interested in then it is a deal breaker. I don't want to pursue a relationship because the girl has a great personality, but can't satisfy my needs in any other form and vice versa.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• It sounds like you just had a bad first experience. I really love kissing but my boyfriend is a great kisser. You probably just need more practice with your guy. ;)

• @update- Yes, being nervous can definitely be a mood killer. Relaxing is necessary to really enjoy yourself.

• Well it was a very nice moment, we were cuddling on his couch and before I knew what was happening he kissed me. The goodnight kiss was a little better.

• My first kiss was horrible and I was so disappointed, but we were both drunk and I only liked him as a friend. But then my first kiss with my boyfriend happened and it was amazing. :) I still can't get enough of his kisses.

• My first kiss was kind of like urs. But the more I thought about it, the less disappointed I felt. Next time was amazing, I couldn't (still can't) get enough of him! lol

• idk girl, my first kiss was damn amazing and I didn't build it up to be all this great sh*t. but damn it was blissful. he and I had a special connection

• Kissing is amazing.

I've heard a lot of people say their first kiss sucked. Mine was great, but it's an exception, I think,