Can't find a boyfriend!

So, I'm 20 years old and I've never had a boyfriend. I know people will say that I'm young yet, but I'm very lonely and I'd like to date and have fun like other people my age.

Whenever I leave the house, I always try and look my best and have an open, friendly attitude, but I never get approached by guys. I am shy, so that might be part of the problem, but I still try.

But since I've never been asked out, it makes me feel really unattractive. And growing up, I was always one of the chubbier kids at school. It makes me believe that I can't find a boyfriend because of the way I look - since I think I'm a relatively smart, kind person otherwise.

I have pictures on my profile - please take a look! I'm a size 12/14 and 5'4".

Most Helpful Guy

• You would be surprised of how many single people are out there looking around just like you. But you are really doing the right thing from what I see. One thing I would suggest is you should do some initiation of conversation and dates. In our modern age, females can ask guys out and shouldn't feel anything wrong about that.

I would say work on your shyness which in turn works on your confidence. You would be surprised how much different things are when you are just more confident in yourself.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think a lot girls of get asked out by strangers they pass during the day. So I'm not sure you should just expect guys you don't know to approach you out of the blue.

I suggest try flirting with people you already know, like in school, work, church and neighbors. You can ask a guy out without making it an official "date" just invite him to join a group activity or say "I am going to do something, would you like to come along?"

Start with people you feel comfortable with, but maybe not necessarily that you are crushing on. Someone you feel confident around, but you won't take it too hard if it doesn't work out. Just get some practice with those guys and you will start to feel more confident, and start to attract more guys.

• It isn't bad if you've hadn't had a boyfriend and you're 20 years old. I have not had girlfriend and I'm 19 years old. I'm sure you a great catch to most guys and from you pictures you look quite attractive. I would not worry about finding a boyfriend because if you do then he won't come to you willingly. Just worry about improving yourself and being the best "you" that you possibly can and the rest will fall into place. It's like greatness. A person that isn't afraid to work hard and improve won't have to worry about chasing greatness because greatness will chase you instead. I hope my advice can give you some peace of mind or can help you out in some way or fashion and good luck in your endeavors, romantic and non-romantic!

• Hi I have the same boat but I am 34 single dad of two children form one very few relationships

I am very very shy and not the best looking and as you can see I am over weight I have been working on my shyness and opening up more even thought my writing say other I am very smart and have a lot of interests like my children I have full time ,I love cars,I love to cook mostly baking,beekeeping,hunting ,fishing,camping,making moonshine,and a big US history buff. So I know I have a lot to offer I am begin to talk to women to talk even thought I would like them to come up to me and to your pick I would not talk to you because I would be to shy to become you are very cute and attractive

• Dont be Desparate lol

Have Patience , I have seen worse.

No boyfriend is better than jerks. and would you want to be a heart broken kid soon

i know guys can be shy too, so there could be someone who likes you and scared to tell you.

So wait for the right moment

• i'm in the same boat as you

• Brutal honesty here, you're definitely a pretty girl, kinda thick but that's not a bad thing depending on a guys taste. I was expecting to see an unattractive girl, but you're good. I personally think if you decide to drop a couple dress sizes you would have any guy you want, a lot of guys like smaller women, but no man is the same. You should be approached and dated!

What Girls Said 3

• Hi,

I didn't even look at your pictures because that isn't what is important. Yes looks are a big part in the whole dating scene ,but all people are attracted to something different despite what the media wants us to think. The best thing to do is to approach someone you are interested in. I call it taking the leap. lol Start a conversation and things could hit off. These days girls are still stuck in that Prince Charming needs to come get me junk while guys are much more open to a woman walking up to them. If you get rejected there are always better fish in the sea. If you feel it click you feel it click don't be afraid to walk away. Sorry that was kinda long ,but I really hope it helps.

• Join the club. I'm younger than you though lol.

P.s I think you're cute and unique looking!

• Maybe you should try to approach them, men are just as shy as women when it comes to being potentially rejected.