Would you break up with somebody for your career?

These days I can't think clearly... So I was wondering what would you do?

Okay, you found this guy... he is the ONE; you know it, you know that he is the love of your life, you connect, you're good together, everything is perfect. On the other hand, there is your career, something you worked for all your life.

What would be your priority? Love or work?

What would you do, let go the love of your life and concentrate or your career or try to find a way to cope with both?

Most Helpful Girl

• I choose career without even knowing I was choosing, if work called I'd drop everything and do what was needed of me and without knowing my boyfriend felt neglected and we spent less and less time together. When I did see him he was distant and cold I asked him about it and he was like I don't know if I want to be in this relationship anymore - I'm a pretty strong person so I broke up with him in saying that he shouldn't have to think about whether or not he wants to be with me. I was really upset and missed him so much, it wasn't until we were broken up that he told me that he felt like he was second priority etc etc anyway I was miserable for close to a year my grades also struggled and I really hated going to work - I have pulled myself together now and I'm on the right track but the moral of my story is that if I could do it over I would have picked my boyfriend, you think cause you got that boyfriend hell easy that it's easy to get another - it is really hard to find someone that you want to be around all the time!

Do what will make you the happiest! - sure a good career is great and you should be proud of that but when all that is gone what will you have? If you know you are in love with him - Hold on to that with both hands.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 6

• of course! that's a really good reason... when your done with your career just take him/her back and I promise yous two will live happily ever after for sure

• lol for a career no way that's a stupid reason unless you don't really like them anyway.

• Never. I'd drag her with me! :)

• Yes, the unfortunate truth is at the end of the day you have to look out for yourself. You may love this person but he can leave and you are left alone so you have to look out for number one.

• I'm a nurse, and I have to say that if the right job came up I would owe it to myself to further my experience.

• I'll pick career I guess ... if the other person loves me truly she could wait for me .

What Girls Said 9

• I don't see why I couldn't have both. I can manage my time, and honestly, if my work is taking over my life and I do nothing else but work then I need to re-think my job. Happiness is important too.

• If you truly love someone it would not matter. Love is hard to find and so is a good career, so I would pick both...Love conquers all.

• Eh.. I would drop the job for love if we had a decent enough amount to live on.. Money doesn't comfort me much.. so the career would have to go..

• Nothing lasts forever, relationship can change fast, career takes a long time. If I had to leave my country for career it would be a very hard choice, if not, I'd try to start a career and if he is really mine, we could give it a try and win.

• I would pick both:)

• I would NEVER pick my career

• Done it once and would do it again if I had to

• I would pick the career...

• I stayed with him and gave up my career. It was a very, very, very, bad, awful, stupid, ignorant idea. If he wants you to give up your career, trust me he is not the love of your life. You will grow to resent him and things will just go down hill from there. You will eventually get over him but you will not get over the fact that he wanted you to give up something that you worked so hard for. I will pick career every time now.

He didn't even appreciate or care that I picked him over something I worked so hard for. Never ever pick the guy over something so important to you.