How can I fix this? :(

Yesterday was the first day I saw my boyfriend in 18 days, we were kissing a lot and he nibbles when he kisses so it made my bottom lip REALLY swollen.

My mom saw it and completely over reacted saying that he "deformed" me, it could be used to press charges, and that if it happens again that she won't let me see him anymore.

I like the way my boyfriend kisses me, I have no problem with it and the swellng went away over night. So what's the big deal? My boyfriend explained the situation to his mom and she didn't see what the problem was. How can I continue to enjoy my relationship the way it is without my mom being psycho about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, Tell her she is overreacting and you love her and respect that she is worried about you but your boyfriend doesn't hurt you. Tell her it doesn't bother you and that the swelling goes away overnight. Also, there is no way charges can be brought on him for him nibbling you! Honestly if your over 17 0r 18 (depending on your state) She legally can't do anything about it. Just make sure you let your mom know you do respect her and appreciate her concern but you are fine and you kinda like it. Good luck and I hope this kinda helped :)

• i have told her all of that but she's so stuck in this mind set that it's disgusting and doesn't ever want to see it again :/

What Guys Said 2

• Just tell him to not do it so your mom doesn't freak out anymore.. Tell him you like it though (if you di) he should understand

• i do like it, he explained the situation to his mom and she does't see what the problem is. my mom is the only one acting like this about it

• yea I know what you mean but still, things would be a lot easier if your mom wasn't getting agitated all thetime

• she typically is fine with most things but sometimes she'll flip out over one thing

• she treats you like your 14 lol. I'd just tell her to lay off. It's none of her business unless you are bothered by it.

• I don't mind the lip swelling thing, I know it happens because of all the nibbling and sucking and it's not painful but she views it as being disgusting

What Girls Said 2

• Your mom's crazy. Tell her it's your body and your relationship and he can "deform" your lip anyway he wants to. You're an adult. She's not legally responsible for you anymore. Sure, she can press charges, but the case wouldn't hold up in court and she'd probably have to pay the court cost. I mean, what kind of judge is going to agree with her?

• Tell him to chill out with the nibbling because your mother overreactes when she sees your lips swollen.