I don't know why I can't get a boyfriend?

I'm smart - I got 5A*'s, 8A's and 2B's in my GCSE's - I'm friendly and have been told I'm funny;I also make people laugh on a regular basis. I've been told and think I'm pretty (about a 7.5 to 8 out of 10) I dress well, I go to the gym so I'm not over weight, I'm well groomed (do my hair nicely, wear some but not too much makeup, and make sure I smell nice) and also find it easy to talk to guys as I usually have a fair amount in common with them; I love action movies, comedy, gaming and things that - stereotypically - guys like.

I think my problem is that I can't flirt, I have attempted and end up doing something ridiculous and feel like Bridget Jones.

I know that I'm young and shouldn't worry about it but it would be nice to meet a nice guy and have a nice relationship (I'm not desperate and don't want to be with a jerk). I've tried the whole waiting for the right guy to find me for a couple of years and that approach hasn't worked.

My standards aren't to high either; I want someone who is slightly better looking than average (or better if possible) but I'm not looking for a Brad Pitt, but most importantly I'm looking for someone kind, respectful and trustworthy.

Any advice or help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's funny, I've got exactly the same problem... I'm doing well and I feel pretty confident about myself, but I've never been in a relationship. I know how this thing makes you feel like something is wrong and you just don't know what. Somehow I've got this feeling girls do like me, but it never seems to get much more than that.

But seriously, if your description is accurate (which I guess it is), then you're pretty awesome! I can't imagine that you won't find a boyfriend someday. I think some of us (including me) just need more time than others to find what we're looking for, so just be yourself. I hope you find what your looking for eventually!

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on what you consider average but, it could just be that guys are intimidated or just think that your simply taken.

• by average I mean you wouldn't consider that person ugly, maybe a bit plain but you could find a certain feature of them attractive, maybe their eyes or something. People know I'm not taken so it's not that, I might intimidate them but I definitely don't mean to.

• It's not your fault, it's just we can be due to inexperience with approaching girls.

• Stop looking!

Just take each day as it comes and stop looking, otherwise you may end up settling for a guy just for the sake of having a boyfriend. From experience this is what I did and I found a gf!

If you take interest in a guy talk to him and don't try and flirt just be normal and if you're as great as you say you are then I'm sure 9 times out of 10 he'll take an interest as well.

Good luck x

• You sound like Tia. She loves herself too.

• You can't love anyone if you don't love yoursel,. Reading back my article I do realize I sound kinda conceited but I really didn't mean too.

What Girls Said 1

• i think your problem is you're trying too hard to get a boyfriend and flirt! it's kinda like getting stage fright. you should just try and be yourself without thinking of the boyfriend or the flirting thing.

for me, I can flirt but most of the time I don't realize I'm doing it. as in, I don't know how to flirt when I want to flirt and when I try to consciously, I always make a mess of it. but if I tell myself to not think about that, a lot of the time I flirt unconsciously because I feel more comfortable and, hence, give off a happier vibe. the guy will respond to that and feel comfortable with me. and when you're feeling comfortable and happy, and you like the guy and the guy kinda likes you too, both of you will just flirt unconsciously with each other. sometimes they just want to be friends, but the ones that are also interested, you'll be able to see that they will flirt back.