Date a 30 year old guy with no car..?

I met this guy through a friend. We've been on three dates so far. But...he is 30 with no car and just moved out of his parents house into an apartment. He didn't even have a money for a bed when we first met. He also lives about 30 minutes from me. I will always have to go pick him up and drop him off when we're done on our dates. I just don't know if its more trouble than its worth. I want to tell him lets just be friends. We get along and have a great time but I want someone who has their stuff together and stable. I'm 25 by the way. Your thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a 31 year old man with no car. Reason being is because there's no real need for one where I live now. The public transit system is TOO good to have need for one. And depending on where you're trying to go, it's impractical to own one. I have a motorcycle for pleasure and that's all I need.

What Guys Said 8

• If he has a plan to eventually become independent, then give him a chance. If he is not going anywhere or has no direction, then the friend route makes sense.

• It is up to you. Nobody can really decide if it is worth for you! Only you really know. I can just tell you that you are asking pretty good questions.

Hope for the best for you.

• I bought and sold a condo, bought a house, and was married with a child before I bought a car.

If I didn't have kids, I'd sell the one I have now.

• Thats just my point its not about the car its about being stable. He isnt.

• Is he trying to better himself or is he happy with the way things are? I'm 28 lost my job and place and had to move back home with my mother. (no car) Out looking for work at least 3 out of 5 days a week with an online app or 2 on the weekends. As a man I hate having to depend on others so I consider myself out the dating game until I get things back on track.

• What do you bring to the table? Are you employed? I have been in a bad spot in my life before but I am way better off than most people now. Are you the type of girl that's always going to jump when things get hard. Relationships are about people helping each other.

• If you're looking for someone more stable then I think it's probably best for you to let him go. You shouldn't be with someone that you can't picture yourself with; It just won't work. If you know you really like this guy, you're willing to look past his situation and you can see a future with him then stay.

• i'm surprised you gave him a chance

• No I would not :)

What Girls Said 6

• why is he 30 with no car, no bed and just moving out of his parents house? what has he been doing with his life? no I don't think I could date him knowing this information

• He made bad choices with money.

• So you mean to tell me there isn't anyone in there thirties they may have loss their job do to the economy. Or forty's or fifty's for that matter, millions of people have lost a lot in this economy, his age has nothing to do with it. I own my own house, but I know if I was out of work fo a year I could lose it, that has nothing to do with my age!

• that's why I asked what was he doing with his life. if he lost his job or fell on hard times, that's one things. but if he was just a lazy guy who never attempted to do anything until now then that's an issue

• U already indicated that you want someone more stable/has their stuff together...so I think you know you'd prefer to just stay friends with him.

• I think your right just be friends. Until he gets his act together!

• I'd be cautious that he'd try to use me to bail him out of his bad decisions. Not everyone who is 30 is accountable for their actions, and that is a major trait that I look for in my partner.

• What's more important, the guy, or the fact that he's not completely financially established? If you really like him than it shouldn't matter.

• 1st thought- Did you mean to choose female?

2nd thought- No.