Should you ask to meet her parents before or after you ask her on a date?

Just what the question says. Should you ask her before or after you ask her out?

Not after going out but just asking?

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't have to ask to meet them at all, but don't resist if she wants/asks you to. For me, my parents have to have met the guy before I can go anywhere with him alone, which is understandable since I am 16. Some girls parents don't care at all, but when you meet those who do need you to meet her parents, don't hesitate to do it, because it is usually no big deal, and if you don't, you'll lose their respect and/or they won't let her go out with you. Don't believe all the little steriotypical things that the parents, especially the dad, will give you the third degree or something and threaten you with their shotguns if you try any funny business, because most of the time that is not the case at all. lol. They just want to be able to know who their "little girl" is with, find out where you're going/what you're doing, and make sure you're not some crazy druggie or drunk or something. lol. And, just a little side note, on your first many dates, ESPECIALLY the very first one, do not just sit in the car and honk for her to come out. Go up and knock on the door. In fact, it's better to never wait in the car, but if you are going to, don't do it untill you have been dating for a long while. But, you probably already knew that.

What Girls Said 2

• No need, she is probably telling her parents, mom at least, every detail. Haha, this comes from experience, I told my mom everything just to get it off my chest so by the time dates even came she could see it a mile away. Her parents are no different.

You can do that but tell her first if you do come over just for heads up, ya know :)

• I don't think that's necessary at all. You'll probbly meet them at her place when you pick her up. it's impliied

What Guys Said 4

• Totally depends on her ad her culture, At your age some parents are going to insist on meeting you before they give their approval. Often these are the really worthwhile girls, so don't fight this!

• Once upon a time, that was always expected.

I'd just ask her out. If she says she needs/wants you to meet her parents first, then do so without any hesitation, but its her decision (or between her and her parents) if that's required.

• After!

• ummm not quite sure what you mean. But I think you should only meet the parents when you are actually together.