Jenny McCarthy says it's tough to find a man's man. Agree?

Personally, I don't agree, and am thinking that it may have something to do with her living in LA. So my question is, do you think dating behaviors/patterns/expectations differ throughout the U.S.? Obviously they differ from country to country, but the U.S. is so vast and varying...is dating on the west coast different from midwest, east coast, south, pacific northwest, etc.?

Most Helpful Girl

• The dating scene varies a bit from region to region I'm sure, but not so drastically that the quality of men/women to date is vastly different. What does she mean by a man's man? Men are somewhat getting femanized in today's culture because women have a more active role in the work place and more and more men are staying home with the kids/aren't the primary bread winner, etc. This changing of roles is going to affect how we percieve the opposite gender. So if there are less 'manly men' I think it's safe to say there are also less feminine women. I bet Jenny McCarthy didn't think of the flip side of the coin on this one.

What Guys Said 3

• You're right about the fact that her location has a lot to do with it. She lives in the middle of a place where even men are forced to be fashion conscious, so what do you expect?

• Yes.

I live (and grew up) in a very 'progressive' 'city, and I'm having to unlearn a lot of what I learned growing up now that I'm married.

• Absolutely.

All of the guys I've ever met from LA are kind of feminized. I'm from Philadelphia and it's not like that at all except for those from the affluent neighborhoods and suburbs.

What Girls Said 3

• Absolutely, I think personalities in general (including dating- maybe even especially dating) vary widely across the US. For instance, I grew up and went to school in Tempe Arizona, and the men there were very LA (kinda flashy, metrosexual, etc.) Then I moved to Seattle, where the guys were much more outdoorsy, soft-spoken and reserved. I can only imagine the difference between the guys I've met on the West Coast vs. New York or Boston guys!

• kind of, there are a lot of guys who are feminine and passive and this is a turnoff to me

• i disagree as well and plus her definition of man's man is probably different from mine