Guys, would you ever initiate "the talk?"

By "the talk" I mean giving each other the title of bf/gf. A lot of my guy friends seem to think that if you date long enough you're automatically together, but a lot of girls want the title to be official and spelled out. What do you think?

If yes, how long would you wait before formally asking her to be your gf?

Most Helpful Girl

• Every boyfriend I've ever had has been the one to bring it up to me. Whenever I tried to be the one to initiate the talk, the guy would tell me he didn't want a relationship. In my experience, I feel that my most meaningful relationships usually started with the man pursuing me, and also being the one to establish the boyfriend/girlfriend title. Obviously this isn't true for everyone, but I'm speaking from my own experience and what I've observed through other people.

What Guys Said 2

• Sure if I felt like it was time. I've never been in the exact situation before but I could see myself saying that.

• I would like to believe I would do that. Personally I think the first kiss would be the starting shot for me to bring it up.

What Girls Said 2

• A lot of other guys think that if nothing is said then it is an open relationship so it should always be initiated by someone because you never truly know what is going through the other persons head.

I also assume it is an open relationship if nothing is said so I guess it is not just guys. LOL

• Yeah I like to know. Because I never assume. Sometimes it comes up casually.