Since 17 is still considered 'jail bait'is it ever okay to lie and say I'm 18+

I get along with older guys but they lose interest once they find out my age..that's. So not fair and they guys that are okay with it I get weirded out like they only want me for 1 thing..last month a guy literaly approached me by saying"you 18?" He wasn't my type of still..I'm not good at lying but some people think I'm a college student esp when I visit a campus so I didn't lie they just assumed

• No, be honest
  • Yes,just make sure he'll never find out

Most Helpful Guy

• always be honest , you can't have a relationship based on a lie ...

What Guys Said 6

• No, it is not okay to lie. Like the anonymous guy said, there are severe penalties for guys who get into situations like that. You could all of the sudden decide to cry foul, your parents could cry foul just because they don't like the guy or the fact that you're dating someone 18+ (it does happen). Lying about your age is an open invitation for all sorts of trouble.

• Looking at the amount of under 18's on this site that lie about their age, it seems like it is actually standard practice.

• I didn't lie maybe I should have..some people don't answer my questions they say I was going to but then again your under 18

• 16 is legal here, was 14 until last year.

• Nope, I wouldn't do it.

• It's not okay to lie, because the penalty for them is far far more severe than the penalty for you.

Yes, most guys that age only want one thing. If you're not mature enough to handle that, and still have delusions of relationships, then you're definitely too young and too immature.

• Move somewhere where it's legal.. some states 16+ is legal.

• I can last a year dude..and when I'm a freshmen in college I'll be 18 almost 19 so its all good

I can't leave California its my home

• yeah fair enough! I wouldn't lie if I were you though. you'll come unstuck sooner or later if you do. just be honest and tell them exactly what you think, that you don't want to lose them just because you're underage. :)

What Girls Said 5

• You're going to be 18 real soon. I am sure you can just wait a few months until you are. There is no need to lie to any one about any thing. This is how a lot of men find themselves in trouble with the law because they are being lied to. There is nothing wrong with liking older men, just do it the right and legal way.

• You have to be honest because then they will think of you as a liar, and that would be immature. I'm sure you prefer being looked upon as a mature 17 year old as oppose to a lying immature 17 year old who couldn't be patient.

If you like the guy keep him in mind and when you turn 18 casually invite him to your birthday party, or out for dinner. He'll get the hint.

• No, he'll never trust you, and you can get his ass in trouble.

I have the same issue, I'm 20 not 21 so I can't go out for drinks and this guy wants to take me out when I am, my birthday is soon so we'll see if he means it, he says he does. It's very frustrating when your age holds you back, but age comes (and when you get older, it will come too fast!), a liar is forever, you don't want to be a liar.

• When I was fifteen I had a fake id and many more till I was eighteen and I looking back I was an idiot. Just enjoy it and don't lie. Heck I wish I was seventeen again. If you want older guys to take you seriously just be mature and honest. If they like you a few years won't mean anything.

• What's your rush, anyway? In a few months you'll be 18. Be a kid.

Next, letting people believe something that's not true is still a lie.

Frankly, it seems that you're fishing for trouble and won't be satisfied till you find it...or it finds you.

I'm rooting for the guys who have the good old horse sense to lose interest instead of pursuing the slippery slope of illegal dating practices.