Why do guys just randomly stop texting?

I have this guy who I think I might be interested in. We have talked for the past three days. Today he text me and we talked for a few hours but then he disappeared. I can see that he is on Facebook, so it kind of makes me wonder if I said something wrong.

Or he could just be busy? What does this mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• Girls do EXACTLY the same! It's very rude actually, well at least say something like "I gotta go now for a moment" or "I'll be busy now" not just - abruptly - disappear in the middle of a conversation, but...

I guess some people think that texting is "not really serious" and it's no big deal if you disappear for a while, you know it's not like dropping a phone call, you could always make an excuse!

Or maybe they just became bored of that conversation, you know texting is very dry, it's pure information, there's no body language, eye-contact, voice, not anything except letters and words on your screen!

It's also very common to run out of words and topics after hours of texting even if you're the most interesting person on the world so you just don't know what to say!

But I guess most likely it's the first option, some people don't think it's rude or a big deal just to stop texting!

What Guys Said 5

• It could be many reasons. He's either not as interested, pretending to be busy (hard to get), tired of texting at the moment, busy etc. I have no idea what you said that could've affended him so I'm not sure about your situation. You might want to read through your texts and see if you did.

But if you don't think there really is a problem, I'd let him get back to you. If he's truly interested, he'll get back to you.

• some guys just like to take breaks from just talking. Nothing wrong with that. If he stays in touch, it means he has interest

• he got bored and didn't feel like texting anymore, it really doesn't matter who it's with or what you said. This falls in the same category as when we want to be left alone, it has nothing to do with you, we just want to be alone.

• Texting is tedious and monotonous. Call him or go out. I personally hate it. I'd much rather her my friends voice.

• He's probably busy, or doesn't initiate contact because he may think your not interested in talking to him.

What Girls Said 1

• Some guys just don't like to text and become easly bored by it, don't take it to heart since he did text you first that's a good thing though.