What do you think is the appropriate age to start dating?

My parents didn't want me to start dating until I was in my 20s, but I started having relationships when I was 13 :P what do you think is an appropriate age to start dating? If you were/are a parent, what would you tel your kid?

Most Helpful Girl

• It would depend on their maturity level. I had my first boyfriend when I was 13, but it was definitely an innocent relationship. We went places with our parents and smiled and blushed when we held hands and stuff like that.

I'd like to think that when I have kids, I'll be able to trust them to not be stupid and they'll be able to trust me to not freak out when they tell me things. If we achieve that relationship (like my mom and I have), then I would be okay with them dating whenever they're ready.

What Guys Said 2

• around 16

• If I got kids, I'll say 16 is the age when they can start dating. However, I wouldn't be able to find out if they start dating earlier anyway, lol

What Girls Said 1

• If I ever have kids I'd probably say either when they turn 16 or when they start high school, not sure which, it would depend on maturity level or if they skipped or fell back a grade, etc...