Guys, what if the girl paid for the date?

I've been seeing this guy and he has paid for a couple dates, but overall we normally go dutch because we usually eat in a food court setting and get our own stuff.

Well today I decided to surprise him and get his usual for him before he arrived. He seemed so happy and kept thanking me, but really I was only doing something he's done for me before.

In general, would this make a big impression on you? Would you like it or would you feel emasculated?

• I would like it
  • I wouldn't like it
  • See the results

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be mixed emotions

I would happy that she did a nice gesture for me

but

also upset that I wasn't a gentleman and paid for her

What Guys Said 7

• I voted "I wouldn't like it". That's a bit of an exaggeration, I wouldn't hate it, I just wouldn't feel 100% comfortable with it. It depends on the situation, but if it's an early date, I'd prefer to treat the girl the best I can in order to make a good impression etc. If she paid I'd feel like I owed her something, that's why I think splitting the bill is maybe best.

I think it's fine for a girl to offer, but if she did, I'd insist that we split the bill. If she didn't make any mention of paying or look at all like she was going to then I'd happily pay the bill.

• I would love it! Would send the impression to me that she cares about making a good impression, enough to invest in our time together and be comfortable enough to do this. It's also a very kind gesture in general.

• I'd be OK with it. I always offer to pay but I'm OK with her paying if she wants to. I'd probably appreciate the gesture.

• ofcoarse I'd love it, but I generally like to play it as the gentleman and pay for us both anyway.

• I'd be cool with it, but I'd rather we split the bill or take turns paying for each other. The only reason I wouldn't pay and be opposed is if I was broke completely, and if I was then I'd try pushing for a less costly date >.>

• Few choices. I said "I would like it" which is stretching the truth. I would ACCEPT it but would never insist on or expect it.

• really cute, and would make me think that she was in to me so I voted would like it. but only when we'd been dating a while - at the start it would feel wrong letting her pay for me.

What Girls Said 2

• hahahahaha most guys would like it .

• am never paying for a date, am old school. unless you are already my man, forget it.

• Yeah I wouldn't either. I'd have to be dating them, and it would probably just be on their birthday or sonething or if it was something cheap or small

• My boyfriend and I go dutch for almost everything. We like to treat each other once in a while and buy for the other person. My boyfriend is always really thankful and sweet about it. :)