Could a cat lover and a dog lover become bf/gf?

Or would it be too much for both to handle? Could it be successful? Have you known couples like this before? How did they handle it?

Let's change it up a little: Could a person who hates dogs but loves cats successfully date someone who hates cats but loves dogs? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see why not, lol. I have both but I'm definitely more of a cat person. I don't care which a guy prefers or even if he doesn't like either, as long as he's not a prick talking s.hit about my preferences all the time or being cruel and picking on my pets. I respect what other people prefer, but most guys can't resist making fun of my love of cats, or insist on talking about how much they hate them and various other things like joking about kicking them, etc. Like really? You don't have to like them, but you can be respectful toward me and stfu about it, lol, because I don't talk s.hit about the things you like. =P

What Girls Said 5

• I like both but favor cats. They are more cuddly. My cats sleeps in my bed at night and she snores so softly ! Priceless imao. she loves water too go figure. O.o

• Of course. I own cats, but I love dogs too. I just don't have the time for a dog.

• I'm a cat lover & I've been with guys with bug jumpy dogs (which I don't like) and it was fine as long he he took care of them.

• Compromise is the key, son =P

haha but seriously, if they love each other, they should be able to reach common ground. Personally, I don't like cats but I can live with them.

• Most women will give up what they prefer because men get their way.

• Even in the bedroom? ;-D

• Women do it all the time. Women come far less often than guys do, even when they can have orgasms from penetration. Why? So the guy doesn't just get off, but gets off in exactly the way he wants. Being a guy rules!

What Guys Said 2

• I hate cats and never want one in my house, so no.

• Where does the trauma come from... It can't be as bad as what I went through. Share you're nasty cat stories.

• Hate is a strong word. Cats are fun & silly. Some of them act like dogs too; for instance, my cat waits to go to the bathroom with me, or know when bed time is and always sleeps with me at night. He even knows how to play fetch. He may have been a dig in another life. :)

• LOL my cats are like that too. Some are more cat-like, but one plays fetch and comes into the bathroom with me, another comes to bed with me every night, they ALL beg for table scraps. =P

• LOL. It's possible. I love dogs, but have lived with cats growing up. I can tolerate them even though dogs are SO much better. The reality is that once the dog claim it's dominance and territory they tend to get a long very well as animals. It's really not a big deal.

• @update: I'm an animal lover over all so hating cats is out of the question even if I really dislike them. =P I've seen cats scratch of furniture, a cat commit suicide in the cloths dryer, cats filthily scatter wet cat food all over the floor and never clean it up, I've seen them kill and torture local wildlife just for fun, I've seen them crap in my bathtub almost every morning because they were too dumb to realize it was not their litter box no matter how much they were trained, I've seen them

• try to off my little brother when he was a baby, and of course they are known to eat the dead as soon as they pass. That said I can still tolerate them even though I really do not like them. =)