Online Dating Question: Am I Looking Into It Too Much?

Ok, I've never tried online dating despite the fact that I'm on the computer all the time. I joined OkCupid, an awesome matchmaking free site (it's like a google matchmaking site lol) and I met this guy online. Now he's a sweet dude and he's totally into me and all and I like him, despite the fact that he's not the best looking dude or even the smartest or funniest and his choice in video games tells me a lot since I'm a hardcore gamer (he plays Runescape but has never even heard of Age of Empires...etc.) and yeah, I might be stupid for thinking too much about it but we don't have similar interests at all... he doesn't really know what anime is (huge anime girl), has never played half the number of games I've played and what's worst? I don't know a damn thing about football or biking (he's a huge fan of both).

He tells me I'm pretty and hot and all that crap but I feel like he's only talking to me because of this and we don't have much to talk about because we don't share similar interests. I'm not quite sure what to say to him or do and he really wants to meet up but I'm like no, you might be a psychotic killer and who knows, I might be an alien wanting to harvest your organs. What should I do and say? I haven't been in a relationship for like six years and I wanted to really put effort into this but it's just...I'm not sure. Am I being over analytical?

What Guys Said 1

• You don't have to have the exact same interests for a relationship to work. In fact, people rarely do.

How long have you been talking with him?

There's nothing wrong with meeting up face-to-face, just do it in a public spot like a coffee shop or something.

• but that's the thing we don't even have similar interests, much less "exact same interests". I love philosophy. he's into chem. I like violent, rough, offensive jokes. he doesn't. we've been talking for about two weeks but I learned that just broke up with his long-term girlfriend a week before me...um, should I be worried? shouldn't he be taking a break and what if I get into the relationship and he's still not quite over her?

• Ya he's rebounding

What Girls Said 0