What do you think of online dating?

Is it normal now and not taboo? If you met your significant other online would you tell people? Any other stories or advice or thoughts on it? Rules? Thanks

Okay, with this. I'm a senior in college, mature for my age, going to graduate school next year, a guy who doesn't seem interested in just sex but a mature relationship contacted me. Same profession but he's obviously working already. I know I would always have to be careful, but if I'm a senior in college and he's 13 years older, is it really such a big deal? My female friend is freaking out at me for considering it...but I tend to click well with older guys.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like it because you can't tell if the person you are talking to is who he/she claims he/she is. They might use a fake picture, or even be the opposite gender of what they posted. So, I don't find online dating sites to be very convenient, or trustworthy.

What Guys Said 3

• it's the type of dating in which it is especially easier for the girl, because on online dating sites there is always going to be more guys on there than girls, and girls are far more picky online than they are in real life, because they can afford to be since they literally get flooded, bombarded with messages, so that hurts guys no matter how many messages they send out, no matter how interesting they are

• I am not a fan honestly I would rather mmetva girl the old fashioned way

• I mean I've done it quite a few times. I don't mind telling someone but in general I don't really talk about my relationships. Besides it would be very embarrassing to say I have a girlfriend on the internet. In these relationships communication & honesty is key like any other relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• EH.

Don't think I could do it myself. It's really hard to get a read on someone from online, no matter how often you chat or how deeply. And I just imagine it would be awkward meeting a stranger - who in essence - you actually know a fair deal about.

But I'm sure it works for some people. Just not for me.

I know a couple of my friends have met people off dating sites, one of my friends is dating a guy off one - and another met a guy she'd spoke to on one by coincidence, and they ended up getting together.

So obviously there are successes. But yeah.

And I still think - although it's more and more common these days; people aren't exactly willing to admit they met their partner online in most cases.

• I belong to one and have met quite a few on there. In fact,I'm meeting one this weekend!:)

• I think it's good for some people, and not good for others. Unfortunately with online dating sex generally comes a lot faster in the relationship and a lot of times the relationship is purely sexual.