Girls - If there is a guy you like, do you always let him text you first?

Not a boyfriend or anything, just a guy you like. Do you let him text you first? Why or why not? Are you too shy to text him first? Scared he won't reply? please tell =)

Most Helpful Girl

• If he texts me occasionally, I'll do the same

If I like him and he seemed interested in me as well I have no problem with messaging a guy first.

No need for games If you want to text her, doooo it.

• How long does he have to text you for before you text him? I've been texting this girl for 2 weeks so far.

• No problem, and thanks.

• Why can' every girl be like you?

What Girls Said 11

• Isn't keeping track of who starts convos a bad sign? I mean how mature can the relationship really be? Also one or both partners might be insecure if they obsess about this point. I think you should text without fear, but with discretion. It can't always be equal, but in the end it all is.

• ya basically if he asked for my # then I will typically see if he texts 1st.. I will already know he likes me because he asked for my # in the 1st place... but just the fact that he didn't wait for me to want to talk to me is awesome :D that's what I want! hope I helped ;)

• What if you gave him your number? Like in my case lol

• oh my bad.. I meant to type that.. right after # ha ha ya.. I'd give it to him if I thought he's attractive and nice.

• As a general rule, I only text first the same amount that he does. And I try to make it one or two times less than him just because I don't want it to seem like I am texting first a lot.

• It depends. If we've never texted I'm terrified to seem creepy. If he occasionally texts me first then sure I will.

• i like when they text me but I don't like waiting for them because sometimes they don't text me so I just text them

• I'll text first 3/10 times. Depending on how often we talk.

• id love him to text first. don't always happen first though and we have to initiate it...however he salways wants me to text him first and that isn't very reassuring tbh :/

• i don't think much about it. if I wanna hear from him I would text first but it dosen't matter much to me as long as I do get to hear from him :)

• yes because I don't want to bother him.

• No, we take it in turns. I mean, sometimes I'll just text him first and sometimes he'll text me first. We talk everyday without fail though. <3

I'm neither shy nor scared.

• I'll sometimes wait for him to text me first, but I won't always leave it up to him, I willsometimes text first.

We wait for the guy to text first, because that's how we know if a guy is intersted in us. We wait to see if you like us enough to text us first.

Not so much scared he won't reply, we just sometimes need to feel like he likes us by him going out of his way to text us first.

• awesome answer!

• I agree mr.anoymous, I hate playing games. The best way to win is not to play the game :) but I think it has to go both ways, a guy can't always be the one texting first, and either can the girl, for it to work its gotta be both ways.

• @Anonymous4Ever Agreed. This girl hasn't texted me first yet and I'm kinda questioning whether she likes me or not and I'm starting to kinda not care as much about her lol..

What Guys Said 0