What do you think about "internet" relationships?

I find more and more, the guys I meet in life, are exciting at first, but then, bore me.. and sex can only carry it so far...

But then, every so often I meet a guy on the net, and its like... wow..

He'll be fascinating.. complex.. I look forward to reading his words..

Most Helpful Guy

• They're weird.

In some ways, its easier to be super honest and reveal things online that are hard in person. So you get these sort of ... super deep partial friendships/etc.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds crazy too me.

• It's possible only if you both want it, and if its distance then you really really need to try, If you can make it through that, you will have a solid relationship.

What Girls Said 3

• I was in one. Internet relationships themselves suck, but I do think the internet can be a good way to meet people. It's just that trying to make them go from internet to real life can be difficult because of things such as distance.

• Like kheserthorpe said, people are more likely to actually self disclose online. After all, they're anon. It's so much easier saying things to a stranger - so much that they'll actually say whatever just to get you going (at least some of them). Plus, the whole deep complex conversations can only last so much before :

a. Either of you meet someone.

b. You get eventually bored.

c. You realize that you need a concrete person to be there for you.

• To me, it's not a relationship if it can't be done offline, too. I don't see anything wrong with meeting online first, but if having a relationship offline isn't plausible, then it just isn't a "relationship".