Do you mostly reject people because they aren't good looking enough for you?

I was thinking about this question because that is the first thing that I think about when someone rejects me. I think the reason is because I must not be pretty enough. Is this how other girls feel too or even guys? Then I started thinking about the reasons why I reject guys and I think I have been guilty of this too. It's not the only reason but I do tend to do this a lot.

Most Helpful Guy

• Naw, cute girls flirt with me all the time but I only reciprocate if I find them interesting and think we'll be compatible. I don't like to say "reject" because it makes it sound like I'm being a d*** about it, but I have turned down a lot of girls that I found physically attractive and seemed nice enough just because I wasn't really all that drawn to them for some reason or another.

P.S. I realize how remarkably stupid that last part is. To be honest, I'm currently all about this girl who I wasn't all that interested in until I gave her a chance. Lesson learned.

/end ramble

What Guys Said 5

• Well, I've found myself really liking girls who weren't that physically attractive. Although, it sometimes back-fired because all the attention would go to their heads, and they'd start treating me like sh*t. It is important to be emotionally AND physically attracted to someone though. That way you are satisfied and less likely to become unfaithful.

• i reject girls if I find them absolutely crazy or if I feel they don't like me as much as I like them.

i can not be attracted to a woman if I don't find her physically attractive at first, but sometimes if I get to know them more, it can change.

when girls reject me, I feel that it is because I'm not cute or hot or whatever for them. another reason is maybe they don't like my personality or find me weird, not "such and such" enough for them personally.

• not that I've ever rejected a girl but il admit the only reason other then her being a whore or trash for rejecting her would be her looks.

• yes. if they want a hook up, they can't be too ugly. but... if they want something more, they got to be pretty enough to show around.

• Nope, but I do reject them for not worshiping me like the deity I am.

What Girls Said 5

• I usually reject guys because...

1. there's something about their personality I find undesirable and unattractive

2. the chemistry isn't amazing and magnetic

I have to be attracted to a guy in order for me to pursue something more than a friendship with him. It is just as simple as that. I can't try to date a guy whom I'm not attracted to. If I don't find a guy good looking but I like his personality, then we'll just be friends.

• yeah probably. not that I'm hot stuff either but you know how it is hahah.

• yeah yeah downvotes.

• but they need looks first, then I can go to step two: looking at their personality,

• The answerer here has a point...unless you're blind, looks do matter on 1st impression

• Yes. I mean I can't help it if I'm not aattracted to them

• Yes. Physical attraction is important too.

I never think too much about when a guy rejects me because we all find different things attractive. So instead of thinking I wasn't attractive enough for a guy who rejected me I think I was not his type. It's easy to take rejection if you look at it this way.

• no... I say no because I don't think we're compatible, typically, personality-wise.