Dating this guy online?

and he wants me to confirm I will have sex with him before coming to see me. Should I run away?

just to clarify, if it matters, he just asked if I would have sex with him and was persistent about me answering... I kept dodging the question and then he seemed to get upset /frustrated.
so how should I let him down gently? last time I ignored him he kept messaging me saying, "what did I do wrong?"

Most Helpful Guy

• try finding guys in person!

What Guys Said 4

• Yes that is creepy as hell

• k good, next question, why do I always seem to attract these guys?

• Online dating is really hit or miss. I think it helps people who may have never gotten the chance to meet or people too shy to meet others as frequently as they want in real life, but it also allows for the creepy people to hide behind a username.

• true, I don't think it's for me... too risky, and I actually have a nice personality to be able to meet guys in person, I guess I'm just lazy, online makes it easy... but the guys are probably lazy too, along with having others issue, and so its a waste of time from the start... for me.

• yes and why you going to mess with a guy online wtf :) go to a bar go to a night club and act horny and drank and 100 guys will be after u

• im shy... but I agree online dating really isn't my thing, this is the first time, I thought I would try, but now I know its just a waste of time.

• Sounds very "To catch a predator"y..

• well, I'm legal soo, not really

• Forget about the online stuff !For every person there is a train don't worry!Its normal to be shy don't think that should be the main reason to do online dating!Try with a girlfriends to go to nightclub or a bar and you gonna see;)!Good luck

What Girls Said 8

• Yes you should run. It sounds like he's looking for one thing, and that's sex. You need to tell him straight up that you don't want that type of relationship and that its moving too fast for you. Its your body, you don't owe him anything.

• I'm trying to, but it's just going down hill, but I kind of want it to, I don't want to be with a guy like that... I don't want it to work out

• Then don't settle for any less than what you want/deserve. There's plenty of guys out there, don't waste your time on one that isn't right for you just because you're lonely.

• Run run run far far away. Forget online dating! You're to young for that! Go meet guys at the grocery store or something

• the grocery store, ha ha not a bad idea... there's a cute guy at the whole foods, hmmmm..lol

• Im telling ya there are some sweet cuties there :)

• and some tasty bananas in the back;D

• you should run away that is not a good sign. It shows he is only interested in sex.

• defiantly, what did I do wrong though? Maybe I lead him on? or is this a usual thing with guys online?

• While it is an online dating site, most of the people on there aren't really who they say they are. Plus you don't know if he's got an std. my advice is don't do, there are better guys out there who aren't so creepy.

• forsuree would a guys really fly out just for sex? how pathetic

• well he would be flying out so its not so casual, I mean not that there has to be sex, but it will be a big deal, I think I could be putting myself inna dangerous situation cause I already know what he wants... I think I'll just pass...yikes

• well if that's the case then I would definitely pass! nothing good can come from that, move on to the next fish

• yeah... I'm petty sure I'd run O_o

• yea I'm not surprised seems to be the usual with online dating.. I mean he would be flying out to see me;... he wants his moneys worth.lol

• lol I don't even think that's right. my husband, when we were still dating, flew across the world to come see me and he wasn't expecting anything. He told me that he was just excited to see me :)

• yea but you knew each other before?

• Tell him that you're looking for companionship and not a sexual relationship.

• do people really talk like that? lol

• whoa OK that makes sense

• Far away! Unless you want the sex as well!

• well that's the thing I would have been open to it, but him asking it just.. ew... too pushy.

• He's basically begging for sex. It's kind of rude that he is somewhat demanding it rather than asking about how you feel about it. That's creepy IMO. In that kind of situation I wouldn't care much about letting him down. If he's gonna be like that, I don't want any part of it and I would gladly cut him off lol.

Don't ignore him this time and tell him that he is coming on too strong and that you aren't comfortable with it/don't appreciate it. And just end it. Say you don't think you're compatible with him. And if he tries to play the victim, "I don't understand", "Ok I'm sorry", "I won't bring it up again" etc, point out where he went wrong and that you're done. Afterwards... block him if you can?

• same I guess right now I'm just having fun, I really don't care about him anymore