What does it mean when the guy doesn't text back?

We went on a date yesterday. Everything went well, he even texted me a few hours after the date. However, I texted him today and he didn't respond...what does this mean? (it's been 3 hours since I texted him).

Most Helpful Guy

• It means he'd rather talk to you by voice. Remember that concept? Jeez. It's like the telephone isn't a telephone anymore, it's a teletype.

What Guys Said 4

• could be many things, and its probably not the worst thing or the thing your thinking of. Maybe he's sleeping, maybe he's working... maybe he really likes hula hoops and he can't hear the phone over the music. The fact of the matter is: 3 Hrs is not a missing persons thing.

BTW that doesn't mean text him incessantly, you have your life, he has his, for now just hang around, maybe do something to take your mind off it

• If it's only been 3 hours I wouldn't worry, he's probably sleeping or his phone is dead. I sometimes forget to check my phone for an entire day.

• It means he's not into you that much you're into him.

• It's Friday night, he wants to give you the impression that he's a man about town, working hard, yet PLAYING hard. He's got a life, plans, and if he texted you back you might think he's alone and desperate.

What Girls Said 2

• It means you are overreacting. He could be busy, wait a little bit. Not everyone is attached to their phones.

• give it another day before jumping to conclusions. I mean, he could be reall busy and distracted. don't freak out