Anyone else think online dating is unfair?

So I've been on match.com for a while now, and so far there are 100 girls that I might be interested in getting to know. But of those 100, only 1 was also interested in me. 1% seems like a pretty bad statistic. Is it going too far to say that for women on online dating sites, 90%+ of guys are interested in getting to know them? I would say of all the women I've been "matched" with, I've only selected maybe 30% that I would want to get to know. It seems to me that online dating is useless for men.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah dating online IS very unfair because you get judged in like 5 seconds for your looks and pictures can be deceiving. Some people do just not work well with cameras but can be the hottest person in real life. I know a guy in real life who's like that. Hot as hell but in pictures his bad features are highlighted. It just takes a bad angle or bad lighting and BAM you get labelled as unattractive. I hate that. But that will never change. Online dating for me is pointless because of that. It's not a dating site, it's a judge a picture site. Sorry for the vent but I agree with you for sure.

• Yes it is unfair for men. Firstly the women on those sites have warped self perception, they believe they are much more attractive than they really are. At the risk of sounding up myself I tried online dating for a day and I recieved sixty four messages from men, it was insane. I also believe the odds are stacked against the men, unless you look like a model. Just my opinion :)

• there's this great thing called real life...

• Is that ratio really all that different from real life?

• Life isn't fair.

Online dating really is like window shopping. I've tried it out, and in less than a week I've gotten quite a few guys and I'm talking to one of them now.

But, it really is like shopping. It makes it more awkward in a way, because you can meet someone in person that you really click with, but reading someone's profile is not the same thing as having a conversation in person, where you get to see if there is a connection or not. You can love each others' profiles but not have any connection in person, or you can have two profiles that may not be what either of you was looking for but have a great connection if you were to meet.

On the other hand, sometimes if you have very similar profiles, and looking fors, etc, and you meet, you may connect very well because you "shopped" and "found your criteria".

But yeah, I guess it is true that the women with the attractive photos, and the men with the success and decent photos get more hits. Even more than looks would matter in person, because there's nothing else to really base it on. Although people look better in person than in pictures in many cases.

What Guys Said 3

• yeah because women are far more picky on there than they are in real life

• Whether online or real life, the majority of girls go after a small percentage of guys. They want the guys that look great, have a good job, and are adept at flirting.

• 1% isn't that bad. It's a numbers game whether it's on line or in real life.