Why am I always so unlucky?

I have been terribly unlucky when it comes to boys... I get dates and then don't get a 2nd... for numerous reasons... :/ or I get used for sex... I never get a relationship...

I don't think it has anything to do with how I look, I know I'm not stunning but I think I'm attractive, which makes me think it must be something to do with my personality?

Or it is neither and I'm just finding the wrong guys? :/

I like geeky guys and I can't seem to find anyone :( If anyone watches Dr. Who... Matt Smith is my ideal guy! x

Most Helpful Guy

• From a positive perspective, you are able to find boys who are attracted to you. It could be worst: no one approaches you. More importantly, you need to realize the signs or the actions of these guys and avoid those who show similar behaviors. However, everyone should be given a chance to prove that they are good.

• Yeah true... I try to give everyone a chance, I do... just people don't give me a chance x

What Guys Said 7

• We would need to know a LOT more about you and how you get the guys you do get to answer this question.

• what do you need to know?

I meet the guys off a dating site x

• We would need to know about your behaviors, about you as a person. I think only someone who legitimately knows you can actually answer this.

• You said you get used for sex but you admittedly said you had a friends with benefits tons of times before..?

• when did I say that? I've had 2 friends with benefits, neither of which I see anymore x

• It was around a month or so ago but I remember it was you.. You probably feel this way bcus you had fwb's. The bottom line is sex creates emotional ties no matter how much someone could argue

• Probably was... I'm not currently sleeping with anyone at the moment though and all the guys I've been on dates with... I haven't slept with or even come close to etc x

• Luck is luck. Shit happens!

What can I say apart from keep trying? You don't wanna be single forever?

Though to make it easier for you, pay more attention to the vibe you get from that other person over anything else, it can tell a lot what the outcome could be.

Or always test the waters, go in, but cautiously!

• You know the saying

Fool me once, shame on you

Fool me twice, shame on me

• It could be your personality or maybe it's something your doing wrong or just maybe you should "look outside of the box" and date a different type of guy (Honestly)

• damn I've got the opposite problem, every girl I meet always wants a relationship, but never just wants to use me for sex...

• i think its the men your hanging round are terrible, just using you for sex, stop having sex with a men unless your absolutely sure he likes you. I would never have sex with a girl, until I knew well enough, or unless I knew we loved each other very much. your just looking for the wrong men. I could say it's down to you, because I don't know you. good luck and take care

What Girls Said 3

• You simply need to be more careful about who you share the physical aspect with. Some girls are fully capable of adding the physical without getting attached (nothing wrong with this, guys do it all the time). But some simply aren't. I'm one of them. As much as I just want to be carefree and have fun, I know myself well enough to realize that I will feel used and disrespected if the guy doesn't love me and take me seriously. I need to know that I'm "different", a cut about the rest. The kind of girl that makes them want to give up the single life. If not? I feel used.

I suspect you feel the same way. The only solution to this is to wait. Make him prove he sees you this way first and then add the physical. Sometimes you get lucky and you can have the physical side quickly while still getting an amazing relationship out of it. I've had this happen before. But it's not a guarantee and not a smart risk to take, especially if you're feeling used often.

Oh and above all, no friends with benefits! This is a terrible relationship set up for people who can't separate emotions to sex. Horrible. It will never ever work out well for someone like you. I will not get into one of these either for the very reason I know I can't handle it. Continuing to do them will hurt your self esteem.

• I get the same issue. I do get dates and guys always tend to treat me well more than other girls they know but I can't get past the 2nd or 3rd date most of the time.

I do know its something I am doing. THat I know for sure.

YOu should ask your male/female friends.

• don't have sex until you are in a long term relationship. It sounds like you are insecure, I'm not trying to be mean. But the only reason you are being used is because you are allowing yourself to be used.