I am very frightened of being alone.This is a genuine question and I really need advice

I am 23 years old and lately I've developed this terrible fear of ending up alone and dying alone.It makes me so sad and I cry just about everyday.I have been in a relationship once which ended over a year ago,we were together about 2.5 years.I've have no male attention since then except one guy who I really liked and was getting on well with but now suddenly he has a girlfriend.I do go out with friends and I look after myself well.I'm not sure what else I can do.It seems that guys like my friends better

Most Helpful Guy

• It certainly can be frustrating and discouraging to be single for such long periods of time (believe me, I know), though twenty-three is a bit young to worry about being alone for the rest of your life.

It might help if you write down qualities and traits about yourself that you know are desireable. Make a list of things you want in a guy, too. It will make it easier to identify those things when you do meet some one. Pay attention to how guys interact with you, too. Just because a guy isn't all over you doesn't mean he's not interested.

What Guys Said 3

• it seems like you have unrealistic fear, your 23 years old you will find someone that likes you. maybe the reason your not getting men is because is probably your giving the wrong signals out. if you can't control that fear maybe you should speaking to your parents about it, and maybe get some professional help for it.

as for you not getting the men compared to your friends, I can't really tell what advice I can give you there. do you have any real good male friends that you could ask them for their honest opinion what they think of you. and what could improve on in appearance wise. I don't think you should worry about that seriously. there is someone for everyone.

i hope everything works out for you seriously, I suggest you talk your parents asap,before it gets out of hand. they don't want anything to happen you before its to late.

• I believe that the guy for you will come when you least expect it.

For the mean time I would enjoy time with friends and relax.

If one guy already liked you before but that didn't end so well don't worry.

I'm sure an even better guy is on your way

I have some inspirational quotes on my profile of you'd like to read them.

• better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all

What Girls Said 2

• you're not going to end up alone. you're going to find someone. trust me. just give it time and while you're waiting for mr.right, go out, do things, meet people. fill your life with people, laughter, excitement, fun. and while you're busy doing those things, mr.right is going to slip into your life without you even knowing it.

• Don't be afraid of being alone. Go put yourself out there, make some new friends and don't worry about being in a relationship. If you have good friends that is all that matters.