I am nineteen and he is 25

I am 19 years old and he is either 25, or 26. is this a weird age difference? I like him a lot, but I feel like most of my friends would find it weird.

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people go with the (your age)/2 + 7. For example, 25/2+7 = 19.5. So, if we are going by those calculation, yes, you are half-a-year too young! lol

Aside from that formula, it really depends on where you two are at in your life. What I mean is, for a 19 year old, you are just starting college, still quite young and inexperienced. For a 25 year old, they may be done their degree and they are at an age where they are most "wild". If you were dating a 30 year old, he would most likely be looking to settle down and start a family. Age really does not matter, it is the experience and the goal's of the individual that affect the relationship the most. You want your partner to support your goals, not inhibit it.

What Guys Said 1

• You're a girl, that's fine. If you were a guy, I'd be a different story because she wouldn't even date you in the first place.

What Girls Said 3

• Not at all.

I'm 19 - I've dated guys as old as 30. As long as you're comfortable with it, and he is - and you're both wanting the same thing from being together then I don't see a problem.

It's your life, not your friends'.

• I'm 21 and my boyfriend is 27 and its working out just fine.

• that's too much of an age difference. he's probably thinking about buying a house and career advancement. and if you're in college, you're probably concerned about a final.