How does one make it in the online dating world?

I've been told by numerous people that I am pretty, beautiful, attractive. But for some odd reason I must have fell off. I've been talking to people on Craiglist to get my feel wet at online dating or whatever and I get ignored. WTF! Am I getting ugly? Am I better off sending a paper bag? ...

Most Helpful Guy

• I answer this since I've talked to you personally and this is constructive feedback.

-its not that your ugly, its how you carry yourself my dear. its very unattractive to guys when your just hooking up with a guy or taking advantage of easy situations.

-no guys wants that. a guy wants a true girl. who knows where she is going in life and sense of direction wants and needs...

-ill suggest and suggest again. focus on yourself. do what you enjoy in life. do extra things on the side like volunteer or fun things where you can meet and greet people. its how you put yourself out there and make yourself known to be available. finding people with similar interest and going from there.

-online dating isn't bad. its a great idea. honestly. our generation is ever forever growing and technology is leading the way to how people meet and greet. especially in the dating world. people don't have to waste time anymore with dating. they can just read peoples profiles likes and dislikes. or get categorized by similarities...

-last comment. keep your head up.

What Guys Said 7

• I can't tell you because how am I to know, your profile pic on here is a cartoon person.

• A good start is to get off craigslist unless you're a single mother in her 40s looking for a casual hook up. Try OkCupid. It's pretty fun stuff, just be prepared to deal with a few weirdos. All worth it though.

• haha... I am on pof but I don't have a picture. My first step would be to get one of those ... now I need a description of my self... Without a pic I had been talking to some guys and sent them a pic via email and was rejected ...#annoying

• Why don't you just try a dating site and see how it goes. Or post a pic in your profile and we can comment?

• no no not at all your fine just stay Confident.You got this haha.

Do you have any pics

• Problem is you're looking on craigslist and 99.999 percent of craigslist in the dating sections are gays or those looking only looking for a sleazy one night stand. I've been a member on link at least 3 years now. I would have had success if I was looking for somebody in my own age range though I'm totally not nor will I be. Have fun.

• PS the link is plenty of fish as in plentyoffish.com and it's completely free.

• Who tells you you're beautiful?

• strangers, family ...

• Well, family I can understand but strangers are saying it too so you are obviously good looking (however, you could be lying for all we know) so I'd like to see pics to see if they're or you're lying but, sometimes, people just don't look as good in pics as they do in real life. It's called not being photogenic.

• Mr. Anon... let me see who you are...send me a message

• Try the real world first. Get brave and make eye contact with cute guys at Starbucks. The online dating world is rife with oddballs and social misfits - certainly less now than years before, but nonetheless there are some less than desirable folks out there.

• I don't know what to say to a guy...I've tried that at quick check and the guy started a conversation. Let me know when he was leaving, then waited for me outside to watch me get in my car... it's like weird and a tease... Maybe I am one of those undesirables since I'm single in the winter. Maybe I am projecting my frustration rather than my fun loving self... who knows... Do you frequent starbucks for girls?

• Are you the same as the Anon above? ... Yeah.. honestly I give up... I'm exhausted at finding duds and wasting my time... I figure if I have a presence somewhere it will help me out. I talk to guys and then end up ignoring me... they reply then ignore me... ultimately I will prob go to a psychologist because something must be clearly wrong with me..

• Not the same anon. If you DID know what was wrong with you, what would you say it was?

What Girls Said 1

• So are the ones saying you're beautiful from your own country/area? And the ones saying you're not from other places?

Because if that's it, then it might be because people are different all around the world, maybe some types of looks are seen as attractive in one country, and not as attractive in another country.

So don't worry, it might not be because of you lack of beauty, but it's simply because of the people judging your appearance.