Advice for a first movie date?

I've been talking to a girl lately and have had a couple of dates so far. We have a movie date set for tomorrow night at my place. I am wondering if a comedy is the best movie type to start with when you are still learning the girl. What say ye GAG?

Movie suggestions are also very much acceptable. I have a box of dvds, netflix, and redbox

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes comedy is perfect. Laughter always makes a person feel more comfortable and relaxed. I just saw Crazy, Stupid, Love and loved it. Its a comedy/romance which is perfect for a date.

What Girls Said 3

• If its an at home movie, fun make cartel popcorn together and cover the floor with pillows and blankets to lay on. This is easy to cuddle with her and the movie can always be rewound if you happen to "miss" some of it. I hate theater movie dates because I'm not going to pay $9 to not be able to watch a movie I have been wanting to see because the guy wants to suck face. Lets face it the crying babies and uncomfortable seating isn't fun and making out in the theater isn't comfortable at all. The at home experience is much better and more private ;)

• Yea I'm not about to take a girl out to the theater and spend money to not watch the movie. This makes a for a win win in that regard. Your advice is good I am simply looking for suggestions towards a movie? Specifically what type of movie... as one poster above suggested action which I am thankful they did

• Anything but romantic comedy. I would want to watch action. Inception(kinda long), Transformers, I don't know something like those. If you put in Immortals(the one that's out in theaters), I would sleep with you lol.

• I say an action movie, or suspense. Or, better yet, pick out three (one comedy, one action, and one random) then let her pick. It'll help you learn a bit more about her as well as take away some of the stress of picking it out yourself.

• Thanks I might end up doing this. I am comfortable with the girl, but a movie date is testing the water for me. I have never had an official movie date in my life now that I think about it :(

• lol don't feel sad about it. Just means you have one more special first you get to share with her :)

What Guys Said 1

• Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. Nothing like the cool and smooth vocal stylings of Lando Calrissian to get a girl in the mood.