Have you ever been scared to check your voice mail?

Namely, a message you just don't want to here because of the way it may make you feel, or something you just don't want to hear, or not ready ready to hear.

Most Helpful Guy

• Call me weird, but I've never felt that way. I guess I really couldn't care what someone has to say unless it's something that brightens my day. If they call just to give me grief, or bitch me out, it just communicates how much worse their day is. In my mind, a boss that is struggling with an employee should be calling to ask how he can help; or a girlfriend who is struggling with the relationship should call to make sure everything is okay; neither should call to "bitch/scream/yell" in my, or anyone else's, ears.

~ ArtistBBoy

• What about a landlord asking for your late rent?

• No, thank you :) It gave me a bit of relief to write this out and to realize that I've matured quite a bit. (Considering I used to think everything was my fault).

• It's a Best Answer for sure. :)

What Guys Said 10

• Yes, every time work calls haha

• In the cases where I would feel that way, I've either answered the phone before they reached voice mail or they were not kind enough to leave one.

• link

I never check it :D it deletes it self automatically after a while

• No I don't think I've been hesitant to check it but not really scared.

• I feel this way every time anyone leaves me a voice mail.

It doesn't even matter who they are.

• I have never felt scared to check my voice mail, what some people say sometimes surprises me

• No, not really. Sometime I get a wrong number and people leave weird funny messages. One lesbian couple made me laugh hard.

• It's usually email for me.

• That's my e-mail first think into the work day... :-(

• Oh hell yes. It's common.

What Girls Said 7

• I'm like that anytime ANYONE leaves me a voice mail. Regardless of who they are, lol. I have this weird phone anxiety though. I have to be in just the right mood to talk to most people on the phone, so it translates through to voice mail as well. I get jumpy and anxious about it. Some people I'm fine with, like people I have to talk to on the phone on a regular basis like my boss, mom, dad, ex, close friends, etc. But even sometimes then I have to force myself to pick up, haha. It's irrational.

• I pulled an all-nighter the other night, but had work at 7:45am... I went to my room at 5:30 to change and eat... I passed out and missed work :/ My boss called, which is the only reason why I woke up in time for my second job. I accidentally hit ignore since I thought it was my alarm :(

He left a voice mail... I just couldn't listen to it, I had to call him asap and explain myself. Thankfully, he understood and was totally fine with it.

• I did that once. It's not easy with: school, work, life and striving for a dream. Glad your boss understood. It's people like that, that make you feel like you are going in the right direction and making the right decisions.

• seriously, I nearly had a heart attack haha. I'm SO grateful he understood.

• Yeah a couple of times. I think I ended up listening to it anyway.

• Oh yeah, e-mail and text too when I'm expecting something I have a negative feeling about.

• omg YESS!

• Only if I see the number on my phone, and its not programmed into my phone. Any unknown numbers will be Googled before I check my vmail.

• yes! especially if its from a guy I like