Am I too manly to be attractive to guys?

I'm 6'3" and athletic. I've always been told I have a beautiful face (and I admit I do have nice features in the face, good hair, and clear skin) but because of how into athletics and nutrition I am I've always had a body that crosses the line a little bit between toned and muscular. Is my height and muscular build scaring guys away? I'm not really a tomboy just active. I only have had one boyfriend and the only reason he dated me was because he had a fetish for dominant women (which I kinda am) and I don't want a guy who is only dating me because of some weird fetish.

Most Helpful Guy

• By nature of your height, your build, and the way you likely carry yourself no doubt due to your assumed success in sports and assumedly good posture, you carry yourself as a very assertive and strong willed manner that basically cuts you off from "alpha male" types. Any relationship you enter into will be with a man who likely takes on a submissive role in the relationship. Because of this you will see a role reversal in other aspects of the relationship, including the initiative taken in the beginning.

You're not manly. You're more than likely hot as all hell. But because you are what you are, even though you are a woman (and a real prize of a woman at that) you WILL have to assume some of the relatonship roles traditionally taken by men, and that includes initially approaching prospective boyfriends. You're too intimidating for the other guys.

What Guys Said 16

• Hey! I'm also attracted to dominant and tomboyish women. :(

Are you saying my feelings for girls are only based on a weird fetish and therefor less genuine than the feelings of a man who likes girly, feminine girls? ;(

If you loved someone and he loved you back, would it matter which part of you he was attracted to?

You only live once and you only have one body so you gotta learn how to work with what you got. Either you change into what you truly are, if you truly believe yourself to be feminine, or you learn to be proud of your own attractiveness.

• Unfortunately, we still live in a society that has some strict concepts of gender roles. Some guys won't date a girl that is taller or bulkier than them, because it makes them appear less masculine. For many of these guys it's not even something they think about, it's just an unconscious attraction to a certain body type in a girl.

So, the bad news is that because of your height some guys would be too intimidated to date you. There really isn't much you can do about that. However, you should focus on the bright side: there are a lot of guys who would find your height very attractive. And, furthermore, you sound like a really cool person, which means that a lot of people will fall for your charms and not think about your height at all.

• Ok just Like I'm sure there is a type of guy your attracted to there are guys who find women who are muscler sexy some prefer just a toned woman some like skinny girls other like fat girls. What I'm saying is you havnt met the right guy. Don't stress over what your not you need to love who you are and own it proud once you do that guys will come your way

It's not your look I think it's the lack of confidence in yourself guys see it and we don like a chick who judges herself to hard

• I used to work with a 6'7 and 7' guy. I know the 7' guy in particular always hoped to marry ... someone like you. He's hoping for tall athletic kids ...

• I like tall women but haven't had one as tall as you. The one I'm with is 5'10". I wouldn't be completely opposed to dating a girl taller than me. It really depends if they have an attractive face, body, and personality. I bet dating men will be harder for you than average but there are plenty of men that do like tall girls. The good news is you ultimately only need to find 1 guy :)

• No matter what you look like, some guys will be attracted to your outer features. It's more about who you are interested in. Do you like guys that are under 6 feet or guys around your height?

Anyway, you shouldn't generalize that anyone who is dating you is weird. There are genuine people out there who can like you for the way you are. Height will be an issue if you are dating guys that are a lot shorter but if you can joke about it instead of being contentious, it should be okay.

• it wouldn't be the body type that was a turn off, but more so the height. A girl that is as tall as me is a major turn off. By a biology standpoint, men look for a woman that is average height and very feminine features, because we feel a need to take care of them. It's just how we've been wired over evolution. Now if there was a way to chop 5 inches off your frame.

• I personally prefer a girl shorter than me. (5'10")

As for the muscles part... Just please don't have a six pack.

• Well, without seeing your body I can't really say for sure if you're too muscular, but other than that I wouldn't think so.

• You can be the prettiest girl in the world but at 6'3, your still going to be intimating too a lot of guys. Gotta start talking to guys first.

• ahah you match me lol sam hiegh and athletic

ahah what sports you play

to anwser your / it depends how you llok and act if you don't mind show a pic of your self or messaging me one

• Yes.

• tall girls are hot

• thats too tall for me

• I am fine with your height...I like tall women (any height of women) my height is 5 11 1/2". What about your legs? or arms? Could you post a pic?

• I don't post pics of myself on the internet. When I was 16 I posted a pic of myself wearing shorts on my Facebook and that pic somehow ended up getting posted onto a fetish site for guys who are into muscular girls. I had to create an account and plead with the admin and prove it was me just to get it removed, so no more thank you.

• K...but then I can't add any more...height seriously doesn't bother me...big frame/muscular might but not sure what you've got...

• unless you have big boobs or really nice toned legs with a nice ass. I'm sorry but you need one of those traits in the high end scale too counter your height. Otherwise you'll come off as too masculine.

The good thing is you can work on your legs and if you get that you'll look like a goddess seriously.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd recommend dressing very feminine, stay on top of your mani & pedi, keep your hair cutely styled, wear skirts/dresses, show your figure in fitted clothes and carry yourself in a lady like way. Nothing you can do about your height but you can always keep a feminine appearance to really drive it home that you're still a girl