Does anyone know any good dating sites?

i am 30 years old, I want to meet a nice girl now, I don't know many girls. so I thought good dating site would be good way to start me off.

i have never had a girlfriend, and I am fed up with being single now. I have being terrible shy with girls. I think its time for me to break the ice. thanks ladies and gentleman for kind comments.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are the standard ones, like match.com and eharmony. Yahoo used to have one that was okay, but once they started going broke, they cut the service or try to start charging for it ( can't blame them ).

There is zoosk.com, it's kind of bleh. Someone here a mentioned in a post a site called okcupid.com. That's kind of a fun site. Then there is travelgirls.com. You can meet people through that, though I'm not sure if that's the focus of the site.

Then there is craigslist. You're probably better off becoming than using Craigslist.

• thanks I will try craiglist. I have tried most of the others. a rubbish for my liking.

What Girls Said 1

• I tried craigslist while I was in NC. then I tried just finding people on Facebook that I might have some sort of connection with. good luck oh by the way Facebook helped me find the husband I'm married to now so it works and craigslist I found someone I'm still friends with.

What Guys Said 1

• Well I can tell you why we are ashamed of Online Dating. I live in Chicago -TONS of people, and I can't meet someone in a traditional fashion? We post our profiles, basically Mugshots and share personal information with the entire world. Rows AND rows of smiling mughsots, how pathetic! We put up our best photos, we say something clever, we all LOVE to travel. Does anyone not like to travel? We all love a sense of humor too! Online dating is ridiculously pathetic, and we know it when we sign up! We SHOULD be ashamed to admit we met our partners online. It's laughable! It's like going to the grocery store for a prospective mate. We are ashamed because online dating, whether you admit it or not, is an act of desperation. By creating a profile we are admitting we are LONELY, and have given up on traditional means of meeting people. Online dating is EASY, and a cop-out. Try joining social groups, or getting out of the house more! Most guys just want to get la*d, and most women are just out of past relationships and looking for the PERFECT match that doesn't exist. Online dating is for suckers, and I've done it too! Send me your monthly check for $20, and I will set you up with my brother or sister! As far as the free sites go -those are for players and people without jobs. Chemistry.com and Eharmony's "tools" are laughable -I can't believe who they said I'm "matched" with. I look at all the mugshots on Match or OKCupid and just laugh to myself. What has our society become? If posting your success stories here make you feel better about your pathetic means of meeting you partner, well good for you! I'd rather go to the Blackjack table as the odds are 49% versus the 20% chance you will meet someone online ("1-5 relationships start online", right?). I wonder what the divorce rate is for Match.com? Online dating is just so irresponsible, lonely, desperate, and their Advertisements are permeating every orfice of media. I'm not buying it. Online dating is NOT the wave of the future. Its for lazy people with baggage, and or, desperate lonely people who have "given up", and throw in the sex addicts for good measure. "Wine tasting, travel, sense of humor, cats and dogs, chemistry, lazy nights on the sofa or a night out on the town." Good GOD, what have we become? Id rather be alone than post my Mugshot on a dating site. I'm sorry. Good job for the success stories, nothing personal.