How often should he call?

I've been dating a guy for 3 weeks. We see each other about 3-4 times a week. he's told me that he likes me a lot but I've noticed that he rarely calls me. he's only texted me, but not everyday. there'll be days here and there where I just don't hear from him at all. how often should I expect him to be calling me? I worry a lot and I get anxious so I'd like to hear from him at least once a day, even if its only for 5 min. is that wanting too much after such a short period of time?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, there is no "should". How often a couple talks varies from couple to couple.

Also keep in mind that not everyone is a "phone person"---a person who doesn't like talking on the phone isn't likely to call you much.

But yeah, you've only been together for 3 weeks, and you sound like you're becoming pretty clingy. You see each other 3-4 times a week. He says he likes you a lot. That's great. Why are you worrying and getting anxious? What's wrong with going a day without talking? Has he given you any indication that he doesn't like you?

Also, keep in mind that you can call him too. You don't have to just sit around and wait for him to call (though, I'm not necessarily saying that you should call him every single day).

What Guys Said 1

• after three weeks its not unreasonable of him not to call you every day. if you meet up regularly (which you say you do) and he texts you in between (which you say he does), there is nothing to worry about. if there is a reason you're anxious, like you think he's cheating, maybe ask him. but its been less than a month, so I'd be tempted to back off. you clearly care about him, and so you don't want to run the risk of him thinking you're too clingy

What Girls Said 1

• There are several things wrong with this picture. A. you have been dating for 3 weeks and are seeing each other 3-4 times a week? That's way too much in my opinion. As girls we need to pace the relationship. If you're seeing him all the time, he doesn't get to think about you, wonder about you and miss you. B. As hard as it is to want to hear from him, you shouldn't wait for his texts and calls and DO NOT answer every time he texts or call you. If you continue with this behavior, he is going to get bored with you. The best medicine is to get busy and work on yourself. Go out with your friends. He will call you when you least expect it. Be busy and try not to think about him. It's way too early in the game.