When my crush and I hang, he enjoys it and likes hanging around with me. But why when we're apart he acts distant?

Sorry for the "y" (I'm a grammar nazi and wanted as much as possible in the title)

So my good friend, when we hang out it's great, we have soooo much fun and he even seems to like me. I'll catch him staring at me, he even seems to get jealous when I mention other guys (specifically my best guy friend). Yet, when he's away (specifically his home state that he misses (long story) ) he's distant and acts too busy to talk. Granted I get he's busy and what not but he'll get ticked if I complain about it.

So why is it when he's here it's one thing but when he's far and we text it's another (keep in mind if we talk on the phone it's still nice though sometimes he'll be a little short when he wants to hang up)

All thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably misses being in his hometown and wants to do as much as he can while he is there. Sure he wants to talk to you, but maybe not at the times you call. When you talk to him on the phone, tell him to call you whenever he has free time so you don't interrupt anything he is doing. Compromise with him. You aren't a couple, that is why he is being distant. He might not see enough effort on your part to show that you like him as more than just a friend. Maybe say something about going on a date when he gets back, or try hanging out alone with him instead of with friends around. I'm sure you can think of ways to hint that you like him as more than a friend. Good luck.

• Thanks. Yeah I'm kinda hoping on that when he gets back and we start hanging again things will get better again. Granted most of the time it is just the two of us hanging out together but there's a few things that hold me back and may be holding him back too, namely our age gap.

• But I'm afraid that just me be what I want to see and not what's goign on...he's so damned complicated!

• Follow your intuition. If it feels right go for it. What is the worst that could happen? He rejects the idea? Sure, but when guys reject they still stay friends with the girl because they know it is the right thing to do. Us guys will admire your courage and want you to be friends at the least even if we reject you. You will never know if you don't ask. He is an actor also, he will be cool about it either way.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0