How to make a purring sound?

That was pretty much the question already. :)

I've met this man online and we've talked about meeting up sometimes. We've known each other for almost a year now, and been close many months. I trust him.

I know he really likes being purred at, so I'd like to surprise him positively. So I need to work on my purring.

Any tips?

Most Helpful Guy

• It comes from the back of the throat, its kind of like a clicking noise as you expel air, I purr but it was always just a natural thing for me from when I was a kid. I honestly don't know if a person can just learn to purr, but then again I don't see why not, and bravo on such an odd request.

What Guys Said 3

• What the hell is going on?

• Any tips? Can't say I do.

• ruff

What Girls Said 3

• ummmmm that seems so kinky lol, but its so hard to explain, I'm starting to think your born knowing how because you can't teach anyone :O and people who know how have no idea where they learnt it :S

• Like moving your ears I spose. :)

• LOL yeah because I can't do that, don't even know how to try lol

u kno those people who make their eye brows move :P one at like a time

• Haha I know what you mean, and I personally have no idea how I would try and teach someone to do that lol. People just need to experiment with their bodies and how to control muscles and stuff.

• I just vibrate my tongue.

• Find a video where they make the sound and immitate? Purring is so natural to me I have never thought twice that anyone would not be able to do it. :O

• I think I am able to do it, yes, I just want to know if there are multiple techniques and if one is better than the other, or if there is something I haven't considered. :)

• Experiment then! Do the one that you feel fits your personality more :D Me and my friend purr all the time when we're being dorks haha. Everything from cute high-pitched kitty purr to deep dangerous velociraptor! lol!