So how do I do this?

After sitting out on the dating scene for awhile. I've starting working with someone I find myself thinking constantly about. I catch her sometimes looking at me but not for long. She'll occasionally start short conversations with me, like a parking ticket she got. Later when I start one she seems cold and indifferent. It's like there's just enough to get in my head but maybe she only talks to me because we work together. I really want to ask her out but I don't want to create something uncomfortable in the office if she's not interested. If she is though it could be something great. Either way, I'm sure I'm just one more guy without a clue.

Most Helpful Girl

• Im in the same situation with a guy I work with. Weve been playing the flirting game for 2 years now. I really like him alot. I don't agree with the fact that just because she is cold to you ( i.e, doesn't talk to you) one day and nice the next does not necessarily mean she is not interested. I do this on many occasions when this guy is around and I'm sure it doesn't help matters any. I doo it because its a defense mechanism, I don't want to get hurt so I may be unapproachable one day depending on how I feel towards the situation.

I think you should look for other signs that she is interested because just bcause she looks at you and talks to you doesn't mean she is interested. But you could just take the plunge and ask her out, all she can do is say no,

What Girls Said 2

• Wait it out. If she's cold towards you then she's not interested. If she's cold towards EVERYONE, though, it's hard to tell if she's just that way in general, putting up appearances at the office, etc.

I would always follow the advice passed along to me by a friend's little old granny: "Don't sh*t where you eat." (Translated: No hanky panky in the office.)

• The only way to know is to ask her out. Dating coworkers can be complicated but either way this will be a good way to reintroduce yourself to the dating world.

What Guys Said 1

• DON'T date coworkers. Don't do it. Don't ask her out.