What am I lacking within?

that I would settle for just being f*****?! I totally had control over my emotions and what I wanted and now I am feeling worthless. I hooked up with a friend and we kept hooking up. He had a party which I was invited to but he told me ahead of time that his "friend" would be there so I decided not to go. I had also decided that I didn't want to hook up with him because he obviously has someone. We never discussed whether either of us had been dating anyone else so him mentioning a friend came as a shock. Anyway since then I have still hooked up with him twice. I did ask if he was dating anyone and he said no but who was this friend? Obviously important enough to bring to your party. So now I am really coming to my senses and realizing that he possibly does have someone else. This is when I start to feel worthless. This is when I wonder why I even give him the time of day. It was fun but it isn't when someone else is in the picture. I need to move on but I don't know how. How do you move on from a relationship of any kind that you know is no good for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't assume there is anything wrong with you, but if there IS anything it's maybe the self esteem to really believe a guy LIKE him would really want to fall in love with you. Do you believe it? Of you do then stop wasting time with this guy and go find THAT guy. He's out there looking for you.

What Guys Said 2

• Here's the bottom line: you're a "relationship" girl; you can't do the "hookup"/"FWB" thing. So, in the future, don't. Sure, some girls may be able to do that and be okay with it, but it's simply not you.

What that means for you is: no sex until you've got a fully established, fully functional, fully committed relationship. And THAT means you need to talk about all of this stuff up-front, and make sure he is as available and committed to the relationship as you are. You need to discuss boundries and expectations, and make sure that you are on the same page. Only then can sex be added.

You see what can happen if you do sex first: there's often no commitment afterward. Again, some girls are okay with that, but clearly that's not you.

As far as ending this relationship, you need to talk to him, and be blunt and honest, and tell him that you can't be in a relationship that isn't committed and monogamous, and that you realize that you made a mistake and didn't set boundries up-front, and don't expect him to commit to anything now, but that also means that there can be no more sex. If you think you can handle being friends with him (and potenially seeing him with someone else), fine. But you probably can't, so you'll need to make a clean break from him.

• pray to GOD?

What Girls Said 2

• Well, maybe at some point after hooking up, was a conversation about the relationship. Sincenit dodnt happened. Take yourself out the situation then keep your self busy. Take care of your self. Smile talk to other people. Forget the past and move on give yourself another chance.

Best

• Its so hard too. I had to do the same. Its been about 2 years and I still feel from it, but I'm finally starting to get that I wasn't important enough to be in a relationship with and any guy that would make me feel like that wasn't and still isn't worth my time or going to steal my happiness. You might not feel better within a month, but I wish I would have got myself together instead of feeling down and letting years and other interested guys pass by :).

hope this helps.