Inexperienced guy in mid 20's, pretty nervous about dating?

OK, so...here's the thing. I've only been on like 3-4 dates in my life, have never had a girlfriend, and have barely kissed anyone, which I know is rare for somebody my age. Why? Honestly, I don't really know. I'm a good looking guy and I was always kind of lazy in that area of my life, and now I've paid the price for it and feel like I'm stuck. Needless to say, it drives me crazy sometimes.

I do the online dating thing and have a few dates lined up soon, which is great. The problem is that my experience level (very low) is always on my mind, and I'm nervous about escalating after or during the dates. I'm good at conversing so that's not an issue, and I know what to do otherwise, but I realize that that's only going to get me so far.

So two things concern me really: 1) That a girl will easily spot this on a date and be turned off, and 2) That the dates will never go anywhere after the 1st or 2nd because I don't know what to do.

I talk to some of my guy friends about it sometimes and they tell me to just "get out there and try to break free from my comfort zone", but it's just not that easy...for me at least. At the same time, I don't want to keep letting this drag on forever because it is extremely frustrating, and the longer I wait the worse it'll feel (psychologically).

What is the best approach that I should taking here? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• here's your solution... date me. :)

ok seriously though... i assume you're from ny because of your username (im from long island) and you being a virgin is absolutely not a turn off... im on dating sites and having no luck at all. so lets pretend this is a dating site and you email me and talk more :)

if you're a nice guy, have a decent job and won't ask me to text you nake pictures messageprivate message me...if you do fit that short description you're already better than the guys I've talked to on okcupid haha. i hope to hear from you. at the very least you'll have a new friend :)

What Girls Said 2

• glad I'm not alone

• It may seem like you don't know what to do..but that's really because there's no set thing to do..just take it one step at a time and you'll be fine..she'll most likely just assume that you're a slow patient lover when you do have sex and that will give you room to feel your way around ya know =) anyways just take a deep breath and take your time you'll be fine =)

• This. Also, don't get so wrapped up in your anxiety otherwise it will show and WILL become who you are.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm in the same boat man, Shit isn't it :L