Would a guy leave their "serious girlfriend" for another girl?

If you loved a girl for 4 years and she wasn't interested in you at that time, then you got with a new girl that you're serious about and been together for 4 months, then the girl you loved for 4 years shows up and starts being nice and talking to you and apologizing for being rude saying she was just young but doesn't say she's interested but shows it. Would you consider leaving the "serious relationship" girl for her?

taking in mind that the 4 year girl started showing interest before she knew he was in a relationship, she knew afterwards.

Most Helpful Girl

• From the sound of it. I take it he was never with the 4 year girl but had a super big crush on her. Well I can't really speak for a guy since I'm not one, but if he were smart he'd realize that the old girl blew her chances, and would focus on the 4 month serious girl as you put it. If he says he's serious about the 4 month girl. Then he says he's serious. But I know there's a lot of guys out there that will pine over a girl for years, be put in the friend zone, and will do anything for her, thinking they're madly in love. Only to realize after being in a real relationship that wasn't the case and that the girl they're with now is amazing if not better than the one before. Bottom line if a girl wanted to be with a guy she wouldn't friend zone him for 4 years and would have dated him by now. And if she did like him and played games then she's stupid and its her loss. I don't think that anyone should beat around the bush when it comes to liking someone. If you like someone and there's an opporunity then go for it. If not then move on. Sticking around when you know there's no chance is simply a waste of time and only gives someone a reason to walk all over you. So no I don't think the guy should leave his serious girlfriend for some girl who led him on for years. Sounds like she wants wants what she can't have.

What Guys Said 3

• Depends on the guy honestly but however if it was me I would never leave my serious girlfriend I am not a heart breaker and I never will be a heart breaker if I have a girlfriend I would never ever I mean ever leave her for another girl so it's her lost her fault she pick me or any of us who truly is nice like me first or we will never ever I mean ever come back to her she did this to herself. And I will act like whatever go find yourself someone else I am happy with my new girlfriend and I never go be with you you rejected me forget it either you pick me first or I'm gone I'm long gone. And I will tell her sorry but I'm not going to help you go see a therapy or psychologist or go see your friends let them help you I hope this answers your question and if you have anything or any questions don't hesitate to ask and feel free to comment.

• At a different time in my life, sure. I had it baaaad for my ex girlfriend but she wanted nothing to do with me. If she had started paying attention to me while I was with a new girl I would have been with her in a second.

But now I'm older and wiser- I've learned to love the one I'm with.

• Perhaps, but she'd have to prove herself after turning me down when I was less desirable.

Just a change in heart won't cut it. I wouldn't expect anything less if I suddenly fell for somenone I turned down 10 years ago for example. I'm guessing he was a late bloomer? ;d

What Girls Said 3

• I would think that the girl of 4 years is panicking and can't stand to see her ex with another girl, making a lot of promises that she'll forget about after a few months if they end up getting back together. He may go back to her but it will most likely end up that the 4 years girl will find that she really isn't interested in him after all - she was just jealous of the serious 4 months girlfriend.

• Which one is serious? Sounds like the 4 year chick just got jealous of the new chick. And the dude falls hard within only a few weeks, maybe days.

• if they were a player yeah