Why would he start conversations with me but not respond when I start them with him?

i met this guy about a week ago. He goes to college in another state and was in town staying with my roommate for the weekend. We hit it off right away and we spend a large part of the weekend making out. He stayed the night with me and we cuddled all night. He gave me his number and I texted him twice but he never responded to either one. I had just written it off as him not being interested in seeing me/ talking to me again and moved on. Then he started messaging me on Facebook. We chatted for a long time and he was very flirty. I started to think maybe I he was interested, but then when I tried to chat with him on Facebook he responded once and then logged off, once again making me think that he isn't interested. Why does he start conversations with me but then not respond when I start them?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey I wouldn't worry about it. He probably just talks to you when he is bored or maybe he is not next to his phone but I wouldn't worry about that guy if he isn't giving you the attention you deserve.

What Guys Said 1

• Maybe he only talks to you when he's bored and has no one else to talk to.

What Girls Said 1

• If it's a one off, I wouldn't worry yet. He could have a reason that has nothing to do with you for logging off. If he keeps doing it, he's likely not that interested.