Is it totally lame to ask a guy out over facebook?

Okay, the story is there is this guy who is the grade ahead of me. I don't have any classes with him but we sat at the same lunch table last year, he now sits on the other side of the room at lunch. I don't know him very well, but we're not strangers. He seems really nice, but I'm way to shy to go up to him and I don't really have a chance to either. So is it weird or lame to ask him out over Facebook? If you got asked out by a moderately attractive girl over fb, would you think it was lame or not care? Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah... well... I think anyone would prefer to be asked out in person. but if he knows you, and you've talked to him in the past- there's no problem with it I should think- but it would be better to jump over the whole shy barrier and ask him out in person...

another thing you might consider is telling him why you're asking him out over Facebook. unless you don't want him to know you're kind of shy.

What Guys Said 3

• I think asking in person shows how serious you are, so I personally say go with that.

You could actually do both. Ask him to meet you over Facebook but don't say why, if he likes you then that will create some romantic tension in him. Since you're shy you can at least take a small step like that and then prepare yourself to ask him out for real once you meet up.

• It depends on how well I know the girl. If I know her well and I'm in the right mood for a relationship definatley I would say yes but like daniel said make sure he knows your not joking or else he'll treat you like a joke.

• Nothing wrong with it, just make sure he knows you're asking him seriously

What Girls Said 3

• I have tons of guy friends that totally appreciate when a girl goes to them in person. Guys are so used to being the ones to make the first move, so it's refreshing that you want to make the first move. I asked out a guy I liked a few years back...it was the most nerveracking, exciting, scariest thing I have ever done haha. I definitely give props to guys. I would think about what you want to say, take a deep breath, and go to him in person. Even if it's a casual "hey how are you?" conversation...that's at least something. You got this. :)

• I think that you should ask him out in person because when you ask a person out over fb is not the best way to ask someone out, because then he won't feel like your a true person and you didn't ask him out in person because you were scared or something, so yeah my best advice is to ask him in person although you may be shy, plan it out, try it out and see how it goes.

• i wouldn't care...i'd do it.