Why hasn't she texted back?

Met this cute girl last Friday night. There was instant chemistry as soon as we were introduced. She sat by me and talked to me all night long at the bar, playfully grabbing my arm, laughing. just your typical good mutual time. At the end of the night she was asking for my number so I gave it to her. She then texted me so I had hers. So I text her 3 nights later, a playful flirt and it was nice meeting u...i never heard back...girls what's up?

Most Helpful Guy

• dude WTF this has happened to me TWICE in 3 weeks...i don't get it...they give you their number, then they never respond to simple texts...mine was "heyy" and I haven't even bothered to try texting back because I'm not desperate and I figure if I see her again then I'll see her again and if not then whatever lol

but yeah dude confusing a f***

• Hmm...maybe its HOW you text these girls. Next time text saying "hey its so and so you met from (insert location) figured I'd drop you a note, text me when you can!". Cause lemme tell you a lot of times we girls get guys numbers but FORGET to literally add them as a contact. Even if they did text us we still don't add your number to our phone some times. its nothing personal its just we figure we can add them to our contacts later...but forget all about it. lol

• yeah but she could have at least said "hey who is this" then decided to not respond or not lol

i originally wanted our mutual friend to give her my number so I would leave it up to her but then she insisted she was going to ask if it was OK to give hers to me...blahh I dunno

What Girls Said 2

• Hmmm...are you sure she wasn't wasted that night? Or...just a flirt? (As bad as this sounds) Maybe she doesn't even remember you from that night and is embarrassed to say so. People can do some wild "out-of-character" things once they get some "liquid courage" in them lol.

• haha I actually thought about that as well, but we met early evening when we were both sober..unless she's a raging alcoholic lol...she was totally all over me after we were introduced..i though there was incredible chemistry...more than I usually feel which is why I'm taking time to ask others about it

• Hmm...wow, that's weird then! Because usually we women don't just go fawning and hanging all over a guy that we just met unless there is SOME interest there on our part. In fact, if she weren't at least a little interested I would think she'd actually be trying to be subdued so as to not give you the wrong impression. So, if she wasn't wasted lol...then wow...idk what to say! Maybe her phone died?

• Hmm, maybe she is just a flirt/that is her personality. If you texted her and she liked you she should have texted back, unless it was just one of those days. Have you texted her recently? I suggest trying again and after that just leave it on her hands or better, move on. Plenty of other girls, so don't be too crushed or stuck on this one.

• I agree. Text her again. Ask her a question or give her a hook to make her want to respond back to you.

• yeah maybe...thx for the answer

What Guys Said 4

• That's happened to me before. I texted her again asking a casual question a few days later and got a response. So I think for some reason she didn't see my first text.

I'd definitely try again and if she doesn't respond then forget her. But you're not coming off desperate or anything as long as you wait a couple days, because after all you never got a text back in the first place.

• yeah I'm usually pretty good with girls...just felt some massive chemistry so she has me hanging...your asnwer is my next move so we will see if it works out..thanks

• no problem man, good luck

• not interested. don't waste your time thinking abt her actions.

• playing hard to get

• She sobered up. I mean that in a kind way. Lots of girls get all close and chummy and seemingly attracted. But when the harsh light of day comes, they can barely recall that feeling. You're a stranger, some "guy" she happened to talk to, despite the good vibe you got off her.

If you want to connect a girl back to the time that she was vibing you, give her a nickname when you first meet her or first get her phone number "I've got a Karen in my phonebook, I'll call you The Dutches". She'll connect the nickname to the good time. Then call/text her a few days later, using her nickname. "Hey Dutchess...yada yada".

• too soon for a nick name bruuu. Nicknames are good but if you had enough rapture, this guy just met her Friday. She might be like who the hell does this guy think he is by calling my dutchess? what am I his dog or his little sister? I barely know him.

• "when the hard light of day" lololol