I have been single all my life but I want to change that now...

But now I have this fear which makes me feel like this will mean getting out of my 'comfort zone'.The idea of having someone call/text me daily,want to hang out with me,touch me,expect me to call them and all other stuff is making me nervous if not scared of being in a relationship.This fear has done me much harm in the past because I had to turn guys down even the ones I liked and this gave me a really bad record in high school because all the guys would know that if they tried to hit on me the answer was obviously no.I would want to be with them and like them before they start asking me out,the moment they start calling and walking me home I just freak out and hence find it easier to just say no than yes.This of course has led to many guys resenting me because all the time I had been acting interested only to blow them off eventually.So does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get over this ridiculous fear or am going to die lonely.

Most Helpful Guy

• It just seems like you have the fear of the unknown, you need to just make yourself comfertable first and foremost. The best way I can think of it to maybe just be freinds with a guy for quite some time till you feel comfertable around him and from there things should be easier

What Guys Said 3

• just keep trying, each time should get easier even if it takes a few until you are comfortable having a bf

• Why don't you just start off with a kiss. And take it from there.

• Wow that would really take a lot of courage from my part.

• Im the same way, i have no crush in particular but whenever i see a beautiful girl i get sad because i get so mentally ready to approach her but the physical me will just stay standing and cowardly, i tell myself with time things will get better, but nothing will get better unless I change. But its hard to change.

What Girls Said 0