Did I get the wrong number from her? Am I missing something here?

Okay so there's a chick from one of my classes that I had an impression might be crushin on me, so on our last day of class she gave me a ride home and I asked her the name of the bar she works at and told her I might check it out as I was leaving and she smiled, so I checked it out that night but I tagged her in a pic I took there on Facebook, and she never responded, I came back about 5 days later (Monday) and she came around the bar and gave me a hug, we talked on and off, and before the bar closed I challanged her to a game of pool and it seemed like she went from really good to bad, and I think she lost on purpose because she told me she wanted a rematch but we couldn't do it that night, so I asked her for her number and told her id call her about the rematch, the next day I texted her twice and no response, I figured maybe I misread her number wrong, when I got home, I liked at it again, and thought I got a 6 mixed up with a 0, so I changed it on my phone and texted that number, and then yesterday I text that number twice once at 2pm and again at around 8pm asking if she knew who this was, and nothing, I don't want to seem desperate, but I want to make sure I have the right number and I feel like if I call her just to ask, ill look like a moron, any suggestions? Id ask her on Facebook but she never seems to respond on there either, but at the bar that night and in class she seemed into me, my friend at the bar confirmed it

last night I tried calling her, the phone rang 6-8 times and then it went to voice mail, about 5 hours later one of my friends tried calling her and she answered, and then I tried texting her "do you know when your working next week yet?" and no response
My only idea is to either text her "hey its Matt, what's up?" because technically I never did directly identify myself, or I could wait until Tuesday or Thursday (and she'll hopefully be working) and go to the bar, but if she was trying to avoid me, it could be really awkward and a wasted trip

Most Helpful Girl

• If it was the wrong number, the person with the phone would've texted you back and told you so by now, considering you texted 5 times in two days. I think she was ignoring you, sorry :/

• naw I texted one number 2x and the other 3x, maybe she just doesn't read texts from numbers she doesn't recognize?

• Perhaps, but in my defense, you did misread... the first number I texted twice, was the wrong one, and I never got a response from it, the second number however was the write one, and I texted it 4 times and tried calling once within 4 days, considering I technically have no idea if she's even getting the texts or seeing them and throw in the fact that she told me she gives her number out to a lot of people she doesn't know, I don't really think its that bad

• Lol you don't think texting 4 times and calling once with no response is bad!? I'd never call or text more than once, twice at the most. What you're doing is verging on stalker territory. She answered your friends call and not yours which should've been your final cue.

What Girls Said 6

• Honestly, I believe she is ignoring you on purpose. She is playing games and will drive you nuts. You will waste too much of your time in vain and will be eventually frustrated. If I were you, I'd forget about her.

• No offense but you're texting and contacting her too much. I would stop. If your friend called her and she picked up but she isn't picking up for you she might be doing it on purpose for some weird reason that I don't understand... seems odd. Either way I would just stop contacting her for a couple days and try again. If she doesn't respond then, just forget about her.

• That's definitely a confusing situation. I say just leave the ball in her court and see what happens. If she wants to contact you, she has your Facebook and you have contacted her. You can try going to the bar and seeing if she's there, but at this point, if she's interested, she won't let you get away. :)

• Sorry but if you keep going at this, I know how it is going to end. You will lose all sense of self awareness, you kind of have already with the overtexting, she will feel stalked, she will be creeped out and her attraction for you will go to zero, honestly at this point, she hasn't answered your texts and she answered your friends, it should be as obvious as a hammer to the face that she doesn't want to make contact with you, and that she doesn't have respect for you or she would tell you why.

• dont text her anymore, you're texting too much. both numbers. but do go back to the bar at some point, not necessarily right away because there is no rush. and have another chat.

• I'm just gonna try calling,

• whenever I've thought I've had the wrong number, its been the right number. Just saying. She sounds a bit confusing, but she might just not like technology. If she doesn't reply on fb it makes more sense that it's her number and she just isn't a replying sort of gal. the real question is, do you want to be with someone that confusing? Lol

• If I can figure her out, sure why not

• Normally it would, but the fact that she seemed to lose the game of pool on purpose and then suggested a rematch says otherwise to me, and my friend seemed pretty sure that she was into me

• you said seemed to lose, that might be your perception, she could have lost by mistake. That's not enough basis to say someone likes you though, and in the end, except for rarer cases, if she wants to contact you she will, she'd get off her ass and go on fb, I'm sorry but from what you've said I think she's too caught up in her ex and you're a tiny part of her life, while her ex is a major part, and she seems like a major part to you it hurts but its just reality.

What Guys Said 2

• Time to move on, at least for now. I feel like you overplayed your hand this round but after the holidays, call the bar and find out when she works. If they won't tell you, get a gal to call and say she's a friend and she can probably get the info. Show up, smile, apologize and ask for another chance.

• What exactly would I be apologizing for?

• Appearing to be a creepy stalker. As a large number of gals on here have said, you're really overdoing it.

• Just go back to the bar when she's getting off and talk to her. I know electronic communication is the rage but here I think a little more eye to eye might do the trick. Let us know what happens. Good luck!

• She works till close, it might be kinda awkward if I show up at 1 am with a friend (bc I don't have a car and she knows it) just to talk to her

• It's already awkward. Take the bus.