Is it OK to date guy that you can beat at a sport?

I'm a division 1 college golfer. I would like to date someone who likes to play golf as well, but would they want to date me if I could beat then pretty easily? I still want to be involved in the sport and I couldn't just not share my interest in golf simply because the guy doesn't want to be beat. Is that intimidating? Or do guys like it when the girl is better than them?

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on the guy. some guys would feel proud if their girlfriend is better than them but some would be jealous. The ones you have to watch out for are the ones who are jealous but act all happy about it. If the guy really doesn't like it when his girlfriend does better than him, then he's a jerk and not worth your time. Just my opinion tho...

What Guys Said 1

• Hey, I'm sure Anna Kurnikova could whoop Enrique's butt in tennis but he still dated her.

You have golf going for you, he can have something else going for him he's superior to you in. Not a problem.

What Girls Said 1

• Wow guys don't like arrogance its not sexy. I wonder how you would feel if he actually beat you. OK try to be humble. Maybe you shouldn't play golf with him. Allow him to support you but your relationship shouldn't be based on a round of golf.

• I don't mean to say I'm arrogant about my abilities. It's something that I love to do and would love to share with the person I'm dating, but I know some guys don't like it at all if a girl was better than them. I think there's a different mindset when it comes to sports. I think it's great if the guy could beat me, but the guy might not feel the same way if I beat him. I just wouldn't want it to be a negative aspect, should be more of something we can connect with.