How would you feel that your significant other is going through your phone and reading your texts?

Would you be OK with him/her going through your phone because there's nothing to hide or would you feel like your privacy is slightly violated?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a very big deal for me, I would be seriously uncomfortable with someone doing that, even though I don't have anything to hide.

What Guys Said 10

• my phone is locked with a password, so I'm not too comfortable about that.

• i would wonder what the f*** was going on and id trust her significantly less but if I heard her out on the subject and she had a reasonable cause for doing do I would let it go easily enough.

• i would feel violated. i mean i flirt a lot cuz its fun and rewarding. but my "significant other" might get pissed. i would definitely establish trust with my partner tho so nothing bad happens. as long as im not cheating on her, she shouldnt be checking my fucking phone. thats the guy code.

• Trust is a major component in a relationship without it you do not have a healthy one. He/she will say that if you have nothing to hide then it should be ok that they go through your phone. The real issue is that there is a lack of trust in you from your significant other that has to be recognized and approached accordingly.

• I would feel a bit betrayed that they can't trust me, I have nothing to hide and they should know it. But I do understand them being nervous and or curious so I wouldn't take it to heart, it would be forgotten quickly

• I've never cheated or had any reason for a girl to look through mine. I would feel like I wasn't trusted if a girl did look through it.

• Slightly! Look if they feel the need to go through your phone then they don't fully trust you... It's as simple as that

• I wouldn't like that

• I don't care if she sees what I'm doing on my phone, but it shows that she doesn't trust me.

What Girls Said 4

• It shows lack of trust. I would be insulted and annoyed. If he can't trust me, how would I trust him with my feelings? I don't think I would stay in a relationship like that.

• I would feel a little annoyed if he didn't ask or I hadn't given him permission, but I really have nothing to hide because he's the only person I text.

• That is my personal business. There is no good reason to do this. If I wish to share any of it with you, then I will. But going through my contacts and reading my texts will only stir up trouble in the relationship sooner or later. It's not like I would ever cheat, but some people jump to conclusions way too easily.

• my bf can check my phone anytime he wants, i have no problem with that at all.. :)