Why would girls rather go with a guy who's a cheater or abuser than with a guy who lacks confidence?

link

Kind of a follow up to my other question. This time we'll focus on the two types of bad boys that girls end up going for rather than the unfonfident shy guy.

Why do they choose the abuser or cheater over the unconfident guy? Also why stay in those relationships?

Pretend I said 'some girls' in the title. I don't want a bunch of 'stop generalizing' answers. :-P

Most Helpful Guy

• (Some) Women are attracted to power. Confidence is power. People who are unconfident come off as weak and unappealing. Fake confidence if you have to haha.

What Girls Said 4

• Of the two, I'd have the not-so-confident guy :P

Don't know why anyone would choose otherwise.

• I don't choose either. I've seen abuse firsthand and I refuse to put myself through that; I've also seen cheating firsthand which is why I refuse to put myself through it and being unconfident is normally accompanied by putting oneself down and being a debbie downer.

Both are deal breakers, but as one user put down below, people don't always know their SO will turn out to be a cheater.

• The guys that abuse women probably arn't that confident... Why else would they use fear and strength to keep women under their control? Same for cheaters, they need reasurance from women outside of the relationship to feel good about themselves.

• i don't...

i like shy guys they're the best :)

What Guys Said 1

• When she is falling for the guy she doesn't know he's going to be an abuser or cheater, that oftens happens later in the relationship. Some girls may stay with an abuser or cheater because their in love, emotional attachment, financial reasons, or their naive, but each situation varies. For the record, an unconfident can also abuse and cheat on a girl. Being unconfident doesn't mean a guy is a better choice and excludes him from abusing and cheating on his girl.