Going out with someone out of your league?

I went out with this guy a month ago and while the date was good,I decided not to pursue him. Why? He was a little rude-even if he was joking(we both have a wacky sense of humor). I told him I didn't quite trust him in going to the club with him. So we talked-via text.

Well,he asked me out again. The main problem I'm having is he's a doctor. And like I said,the date was good,but I still feel a little inferior around him. Know what I mean?

I really want to go out with him,but sigh..I don't know.

Help!

Sorry to be confusing. Basically,he's a doctor and well,I feel inferior around him. We went out once and it was nice...just not sure it will work out.

Most Helpful Girl

• What makes you feel inferior? He makes more money that you? Is he smarter than you? I'll tell you a secret, most guys aren't looking for a gal who has a big bank account or a PHD. They are looking for a woman that is kind, warm, attractive and makes him feel good. If you can do these things for a man, you are not inferior to him. Be confident and have fun, give it a go, what do you have to lose?

What Guys Said 3

• The way I see it, you're the one with the problem. TheMasulinist hit the nail on the head. You're a valuable person and that's what counts. I say agree to go out but set the pick up time early enough to chat on the way. Tell him you're a little uncomfortable if you have to but mostly, I'd just give as good as you get as long as it's not mean spirited. Find things he's not a star at. If you think hard about this problem, I'm willing to bet the answer is there in front of you.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

• So you keep saying what HE does for a living...gotta ask the obvious question...what do YOU do for a living that you think you aren't good enough? I would say if you're like...a McDonalds employee or some no degree customer service girl...chances are it won't get serious beyond physical...but he won't be thinking long term with you. If you're a strong independant money-maker that has a degree and a career over 30k, then you shouldn't be the least bit concerned that you make less than him. Do you do a CAREER-not a job--that is impressive?Like even though its not well paid its awesome--- Like under-paid childcare provider for disabled kids? THAT kinda job would be an exception, but receptionist at his office...soooo isnt.

• Let him decide that. But don't give your body away cheaply just because he has prestige. You can get just as pregnant and just as broken hearted.

What Girls Said 3

• You shouldn't be feeling inferior to him in any way, if he's dating you and likes you then there's nothing to worry about. He probably doesn't feel it at all if he's willing to date you and hang out with you more. Feeling inferior is just a feeling only you feel and you need to let it go. There is nothing wrong with you or less than him to make you feel this way. So what if he's a doctor? it doesn't make him better than anybody else.

• Go out with him again!

• I don't understand your situation, sorry. Explain more.