Where did all the single guys go?

Is seems to be getting harder and harder to meet nice single guys anymore. I do work way too much, but I volunteer in what free time I have, I go out when I can, and I just can't seem to find the kind of people that are just cool to be around. The kind that are just themselves and having a good time. I'm tired of the guys that are just looking to hook up for the night. Should I try something new? Please don't say online dating :(

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been single for eight years. Great shape - women always give me the eye and a smile. No intention of ever dating again, though. Too much grief, not enough fun. Age makes you cynical.

• Yes I'm starting to get to that point lol.

• There are benefits to the attitude. As long as you don't become a hermit, it's great. I miss some of the physical contact, but even that dies down after a few years in a relationship.

• Somewhat hermitish at times lol. Working to change it

What Guys Said 9

• craigslist, match dot com, church,starbucks. mall...pick one and you can find a guy easy. just walk up to a guy and start a conversation. its not hard. you have to put that same drive and attention and focus that you put into your work into your love life if you want to have one.

• Easier said then done, but yeah. You have a valid point

• There's a few of us out here. Most have become involved in relationships by this age. If you really want to find what you're looking for, you can't just sit there and expect someone special to find you. If you want it, you have to go after it. Because there is less of us out here who are single at this age, were that much harder to find... in both directions. We also become more judgmental of people as we get older, making it harder to see the qualities in a potential mate vs. when we are young.

Good luck. :)

• Will not recommend online dating. Tried it (Match.com / Chemistry.com), and it sucked... was a complete waste of money.

• Haven't dated in 7 years but I imagine it gets harder the older you get. I figured the best ones get taken so you have to try and get lucky and get one out of a long term relationship. I've never tried online. When I was single I would be dumb and flirt with 1/2 the girls I though were cute like at a gas station or whatever lol.

• Welcome to the "is it too late to find someone" club.

There's still hope on the second hand market.. At our age, a first session of divorces/LTR break-ups will sooner or later make good people available again ;)

• They're all around you, you're just not attracted to them.

• They are there you just gotta look closer.

• Where did all the single girls go? :(

• I know a couple of those haha.

• "Where did all the single guys go?"

Right here!

• Yes, we're all around. Don't believe otherwise.

• Here's hoping anyway :)

What Girls Said 0