16 and never been kissed, any thoughts on that?

So I'm 16 and never been kissed. I'm not ugly, I'm pretty, but I'm not drop dead gorgeous either. I'm really smart and even thoguh I'm a sophmore I take junior and senior classes. I'm shy but only until you get to know me and then I just love to talk. I transferred school this year and at my last school there were only 100 kids and out of all of them only one cute boy, who I was really close to but never dated. But now at my new school there are so many hot boys and I'm friends with a lot of them, but still it bugs me I have never hada boyfriend of been kissed. I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm just sick of everybody talking about how they kissed so and so and all I can think about while sitting through those conversations is I hope they don't find out I haven't had a first kiss yet. Does anybody have any thoguht on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Instead of asking what's wrong with you, ask ---

What's right with me? What am I doing RIGHT?

ans: You get yourself the chance of finding Mr. Right with your FIRST TRY. How do you do that? By learning from others' mistakes. You have your next 20 years (at least) to meet Mr. Right, what's the hurry? The kind of "Mr. Right", at your age group, you really think they are your "Mr. Right?" :)

Ask those who "are concerned about you" this >>> "Have you seen what happened to those who drove at 200 mph in order to 'get there fast'? What did their 'there' turn out to be?"

You may be interested in reading these two links:

How to meet Mr. Right on your first try, without ever having to meet Mr. Wrong? >>> link

Why are there so many messy relationships? What are the fatal mistakes people make? How to stay free of people who you don't want to come into your life? >>> link

What Guys Said 6

• To be completely honest, it's a little annoying from my standpoint hearing so many people complain about never being kissed, never had sex, been on a date, whatever. I myself am 19, and I have never kissed anyone, never dated, and never had sex, and I never bring it up like it's any sort of problem.

Kissing isn't about just kissing. It should be about the person you are kissing. If there is no meaning to it, then it is meaningless. I wouldn't let it bother you as much as it does, keep in mind there are plenty of people who are much older in the same boat.

• Same here man. I'm almost 19 and I've kissed a girl once so far, that's it.

• So you haven't had a first kiss yet, so what? There are lots of people much older than you who haven't had a first kiss yet. It will happen soon enough, just don't worry about it.

• 16 huh. that's really young I wouldn't worry about it. you have your whole life to get a first kiss.

• I was 21 when I had my first kiss, so don't be ashamed at all

• I had my first kiss when I was 17 and I thought that was pretty bad for being a dude and having to hear about my friends and what they do...

• It might help you to not separate all eligible guys for dating into the categories of hot and/or cute. Relationships aren't that intertwined with physical appearance. Secondly, if you're shy, it pushes people away because you're making it hard for anyone to approach you, so even if you are talkative once someone gets to know you, it won't matter if no one ever gets that close. There are TONS of people your age who haven't kissed yet, so stop freaking out.

What Girls Said 3

• There isn't anything wrong with that. But for some advice you shouldn't really let a guy no that because they can be so cruel sometimes and might try to take advantage of it. Once you get a boyfriend that yo have been with for some time and feel you can trust him you can tell him that and trust me he will feel so special. But when you do find a boyfriend you do not have to rush anything either just tell him you want to take it slow. You can usually tell when a boy really likes you but because you don't have much experience you just need to be careful so youu don't get hurt. I know a lot of guys find innocent girls very attractive. Girls think they have to be so fast for a guy to like them but that isn't true. Yeah being fast gets their attention but it doesn't last it's only temporarily. Guys aren't gonna really like a girl who is known to be fast they are gonna like her till they get what they want. But when they find a pure innocent girl like you they will be in a more SERIOUS relationship. Its called wifey material. That is what makes a girl beautiful.

• There's nothing wrong with you, you're time hasn't come yet! But I get what you mean! Just be confident in who you are, and I think people will find that attractive in itself. I didn't have my first kiss til I was 17 and it wasn't that special. I just did it because that's what I thought you should do with your boyfriend. I also felt pressured. You shouldn't focus on kissing but more on developing a good relationship. Because anyone can have sex or kiss someone. But it takes a real person to find someone special they can kiss. I hope you find someone who will be worth that wait. Heck, my sister didn't get married til she was 47. So if that makes you feel any better. Just focus on being yourself and not having a boyfriend. That's usually when you end up getting one when you least expect it.

• Don't worry about it your time will come. I'm 17 and I just got kissed a week ago. I was in the same position as you basically, all my friends had all these exciting stories and I never had anything to say I hated playing 10 fingers because I didn't want other people to find out that I've never been kissed, but things change quickly, they will happen don't stress too much about it. I complained to my best friends about how there is no excitement in my life, but it will all come to you. You can't plan when things will happen. They just happen when the time is right. Sometimes more then a kiss happens like in my case it ended up a make out session and some more. so just live your life and it will happen.